advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Becka456 » 12 Jan 2017, 15:50

I'm thinking I am gonna have to stop taking them for a few days because I could be making it worse, I'm going to go up on my gabapentin tonight to help settle the pain and I'm thinking maybe going up on my ammitriptyline to help slow things down? Never heard of marshmallows or jelly babies helping before lol
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Becka456 » 15 Jan 2017, 18:57

So having a very bad day today, went to see the doctor on Friday she told me to go up on my amitriptyline one to help control my anxiety and to slow things down, she also gave me some diazepam to calm me as she thinks that's what's causing my diarrhoea at the moment, it's starting to help a little with the anxiety but then ended up constipating me today so I was really uncomfortable and after prune juice, coffee and anything I could get my hands on to make me go and walking round in circles to get some movement I finally went... but was so painful and ending in diarrhoea again :( I have been in agony since, I had a look and it has tore at the very top I'm gutted I starting to feel better in myself today until now, I've put some diltiazam on it and siting on a heated pad until my sleeping tablet kicks in! What does everyone else do for the pain?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 03 Feb 2017, 06:14

Hi mpb, how are you doing now? Is the pain getting any better for you yet and are you still healing? I'm waiting to have the muscle test and ultra sound got to wait another month for that then wait to be put on the list for the LIS I hate all this waiting, did you have to have the muscle test before you could have the LIS? X
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Feb 2017, 10:13

Hi becka
I'm doing ok actually as long as I only go once, I have even managed not to need my GTN a few times. I'm nearly 90% healed and I can tell the difference. But if I go more than once or if it's really liquid then I still have stinging and burning and if I go over 8 times I still have spasms. It a lot better than it used to be and my surgeon says I may always have this pain after multiple BMs as that area has been traumatised and is very sensitive plus I have lots of hems that swell with multiple BMs. So right now we are working on playing with my meds to see if we can somehow find something that works to slow me down lol
I had my pressure test before my Botox Hun wasn't waiting long but my CRS was lovely and did rush me through...it then felt like ages till I had my LIS. Just think by summer all this will be over and you can go back to being the old you with no more pain.
How has your pain been...hope it's not been too bad
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Katie » 03 Feb 2017, 10:40

Mpb I'm pleased your doing so well hun xx
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 03 Feb 2017, 11:02

MPB that is brilliant news to hear! I'm so pleased your doing so well and really reassuring for me that I'm going to be hopefully doing the right thing!
I really hope they manage to get your bowels to slow down for you to give you a better chance of being pain free, im doing ok always sore but most days I can still do my daily things so can't complain to much, just my anxiety makes my ibs worse then it just gives me a few bad days xx
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 Feb 2017, 12:08

Thanx guys...how are you Katie....this is the best it has been in 18 months. I'm still sore when I have to sit at work all day and it still stings if I stand still for a bit. But if this is as good as it gets for me then I will take this over spasms every day lol.
Yes I'm hoping the meds get me more days without a flare up as that is when I'm in actual pain.
It's so hard when we have IBS as I often don't even realise I'm stressed till my stomach starts acting up...so how am I meant to stop it lol
Here's hoping you get your dates through quick and don't forget to phone at least twice a week after you have had your pre op to see if there are any cancellations Hun....it's the right time of year for that with all these germs going around lol
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 03 Feb 2017, 15:19

Bless you Hun your doing so well especially the amount of times you do have to go you cope better than I do and I don't go half as much as you lol yes agree with the stress and ibs i had a back week last week with my ibs the doctor had to put m on some new tablets just to calm it down something to do with the inflammation of my stomach which was caused by my stress and anxiety it's mad! When do you see your consultant next or have you Seen him already? As soon as my tests are done I will be pestering mine for the results lol x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 03 Feb 2017, 16:53

Mpb I'm doing ok thankyou not to bad it still hurts when going to the toilet and for a bit after for an hour or two and that's it really I'm just on paracetamol and ibuprofen when I can remember to take it I may have the odd day it's sore for longer signed off for another two weeks then have half term so lots more time to heal before going back to work I'm still worryed about infection and what if the fissure and fistula don't really heal but my doctor says to think positive!!! She said she will see me every 2 weeks until I see my surgeon again in may for my review so I know there is some one there to keep an eye on it which is lovely xx
Last edited by Katie on 04 Feb 2017, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Savaici » 03 Feb 2017, 22:12

So glad it's going well for you Katie!

:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here