AF and skin tag growing in size??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF and skin tag growing in size??

Postby Idol79 » 20 May 2011, 14:28

I have had this fissure on and off for 5 years now, only recently have i noticed that it has got bigger and the skin tag has grown. Is it possible for the skin tag to get bigger? and can a fissure heal with surgery after this lenght of time?
Thank you guys!
Idol79
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: AF and skin tag growing in size??

Postby Elphie » 20 May 2011, 17:51

IMO, no it can't heal after all this time, but I could be wrong, I had mine for a year, tried EVERYTHING only LIS fixed it. I have skin tags too but he left em there, they don't bother me at all. What have you tried so far?
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Idol79 » 21 May 2011, 16:51

Tried most of the natural stuff, but im in AGONY at the moment, probably let things slip which resulted in a really hard BM first time in about a year...this is HELL!!!
:((((
Idol79
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Elphie » 21 May 2011, 18:09

Well, after 5 yrs I'm sure you've tried it all but here's how I got thru the last year;
Metamucil and benefiber, three times a day and with the dinner and bedtime dose, I split up a dose of miralax, 1/2 with each. For pain I used ibuprofen and generic robaxacet, for really bad days my GP prescribed me a Valium type muscle relaxant called oxazepam. Valium works WONDERS but very addictive, the oxazepam worked well too but I had to take more for the same relief which got me a little buzzed. Most important, a heating pad. I had one for home, the car, and a magic bag filled with wheat husks or something that I could microwave and go. I hope this helps, you just have to find your perfect formula but if you're not using miralax/ movicol/ restoralax, get some, it helped stop the bleeding and retearing, made everything soft and fluffy. Don't b afraid of surgery, the pain after was much less, no burning, and was manageable with pain pills. Good luck, hope u find some relief soon.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby happyass » 22 May 2011, 07:15

hi idol79,
for me, my skin tag added on to the agony of my well-behaved fissure. it grew from 2008 to bigger proportions than i felt comfortable with, always fearing that it possibly could be an anal wart, an anal tumor/cancer, etc.
the pain was always from the site of where the skin tag was. it was unpredictable when i would have a bad day but when it was, it was mostly at work and made my day so undelightful.
having had this big skin tag removed during my LIS was the most fearful thing i had on my mind and well, the thought of the CRS finding something malignant down there too.
anyway, to give you hope and something to consider, the skin tag removal was painless and didn't give me any problems with pain post surgery.
i took about a good 3 months for it to close up as my CRS did not use stitches to close it; it was left open. and that was a source of anxiety for me because during those three months post-surgery, it was trying to heal and close up but given the nature of where it was, if i had a bigger than normal BM, it would stretch over that area and re-open it.
if you are considering the LIS and have the skin tag from hell, get it removed too. it was the best thing i could have done.
now butt is skin tag free and the pain that Laverne & Shirley brought is gone!!!! Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74