AF for past 7 months, after childbirth

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

AF for past 7 months, after childbirth

Postby PainInTheArse » 06 Jan 2013, 20:10

Hello,
Im 24 and currently suffering from an annoying AF. I got it after giving birth and have been trying to heal it for a few months now. In the beginning it was really bad because I had no idea how to make it better until I did research. Sometimes I can feel the tear open back up during a BM, not sure if it had healed temporarily. I've changed my diet to include a lot of fiber-rich food and fruits/veggies. It has improved slightly. I've lost some weight because of being scared to go to the bathroom as it gives me anxiety. I do sitz baths at least once or twice a day. Use witch hazel after a BM. Recently I have felt a bubble down there and I'm not sure what it could be. Image I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!
PainInTheArse

Topics: 1

Re: AF for past 7 months, after childbirth

Postby Savaici » 11 Feb 2013, 12:40

Hello PITA,
Sorry that your post seemed to have been swallowed up, and you didn't get a reply to your questions.
You mentioned that you have felt 'a bubble' and that could be a skin tag, but you really need to see a doctor (and preferably a colon and rectal surgeon or CRS) to get an opinion.
Don't leave off going to the doctor about this, because the earlier it is sorted, the less problems you will have.
There is a lot of information here if you search, and always someone to answer questions - even if it might take a few days! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cul fendu » 11 Feb 2013, 12:58

I've just joined this site but have suffered with anal fissures for about 29 years. Have you looked with a mirror to see what the 'bubble' looks like? You could search on google images for 'sentinel tag' and see if your's looks the same. Most importantly, go to see your doctor. I know it's embarassing but if you get this sorted properly it will stop years of pain and hassle. Good luck.
cul fendu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby PainInTheArse » 12 Feb 2013, 19:08

Thank you both for replying. I went to my doctor last week and she confirmed that it was a skin tag. She prescribed Proctosol cream. She first told me to apply Neosporin to the fissure for one week. Then start using the Rx cream mixed with some Neosporin. I just started using the cream tonight and HOPE that this helps to heal my fissure. *crosses fingers*
PainInTheArse

Topics: 1

Postby Jessjess » 16 Feb 2013, 22:50

Hello! I hope you are doing okay. I know from reading a LOT of info on fissures that if a skin tag develops then the fissure will most likely not heal. Have you seen a surgeon? Your best bet at being properly diagnosed and treated is with a colorectal surgeon. General doctors don't know what they are doing when it comes to fissures.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5