Aleve and Advil

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Aleve and Advil

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 16:35

Final time asking this, but I couldn't find the post where Lecia was kind enough to answer this question before...
Does Aleve or Advil cause constipation? How much have you taken at a time, in a day, for a duration?
Also, does anyone think that since they are NSAIDs, that they may thin the blood aand cause the fissure to bleed even more?
Thanks!

Re: Aleve and Advil

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 16:43

Chris,
I take Advil about 600mg. I have never had any constipation with it. I don't know about Aleve though. I think you have to take those for a long time to worry about whether it thins the blood or not. I will ask my CRS tomorrow.
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 12 Sep 2007, 16:50

Neither should cause constipation. They might thin the blood a little, but should not thin it enough to cause significant bleeding (unless you have some other condition). they are definitely not as potent as Asprin in that way (no doc in her right mind would tell someone having a heart attack to take advil or aleve).
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Sep 2007, 16:51

I have never heard that they thin the blood. It is always aspirin, aspirin, aspirin, but in my readings, no mention of advil or alleve. Or Tylenol, for that matter.
And I have never heard that they cause constipation.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 17:01

Thanks everyone!