An answer for repeated superficial fissures ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

An answer for repeated superficial fissures ?

Postby Bliss » 23 Jan 2008, 16:04

I have been suffering for repeated monthly superficial fissures which seem to heal within ~4 days provided I'm really careful with soft stools & using aloe gel & vaseline etc. But I'm left within constant sphincter spasm even when the "split" appears to have healed.
But I went to the DRs this week re. contraception & he did a standard vaginal swab. He found I've got a chronic thrush (candida) infection.
This is weird as I've had thrush in the past & had all the usual syptoms (discharge, itching etc). But I don't have any symptoms at all at the moment.
He then said that all my repeated fissures could be due to a perianal thrush infection.
Any he prescribed oral itrconazole to clear up any systemic thrush & hopes this will cure my bottom problems too !
I thought this might be of use since a number of people have mentioned using "azoles" as topical creams for AF. Apparently the topical application can cause lots of sensitivity issues.
So I'll let you know if the oral capsules help !
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: An answer for repeated superficial fissures ?

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2008, 18:00

Thanks for the info. I would think that any kind of infection there would affect the integrity of the skin and could make it more prone to abrasion and longer healing requirements.

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2008, 18:03

I have been looking into Candida myself. I actually found a credible MD that specializes in it in my area. If you read up on this you'll find that Candida and constipation go hand in hand. I'm having many other issues, which caused me to look into it. The one thing I would like to share is that I purchased Threelac from Global Health Trax (Amazon) and from day one my hard tip BM's have not returned. Threelac is essentially just a specialized probiotic for eating yeast, but it has helped me in the constipation area for sure.

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2008, 18:04

Lecia,
It's a shame you don't have a son...you'd be the coolest Star Wars mom ever!
Glad to see you up and around...so to speak.

Postby bherna1 » 23 Jan 2008, 22:01

where do you get Threelac
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 08:46

Amazon.com has it.

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 10:30

Chris0007 wrote:Lecia,
It's a shame you don't have a son...you'd be the coolest Star Wars mom ever!
Glad to see you up and around...so to speak.

Well, girls can be Star Wars fans too, obviously, since I am girl the last time I checked! But I know what you meant-no worries! Image

Postby buttgirl » 24 Jan 2008, 14:15

I have often wondered about the anal thrush becaue I am so prone to the vaginal yeast infections and this feels so similar. maybe I'll just go to mexico and gat some pills. I've taken diflucan before with great success for the yeast--I didn't have a fissure at the time, though, so i can't commentone that.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 25 Jan 2008, 12:22

this is an interesting connection. i've had 2 vaginal yeast infections in the past 6 weeks (1 before my uterine surgery and 1 just last week). i'd never had one before december so it's probably not related to the fissure, but it's still a curious connection. if i have another one soon i think i'll need to see my dr.
it was strange b/c with all the baths i've taken over the last year i never had a yeast infection ,then all the sudden last month i got one! what causes them??
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 12:51

could be antibiotics, could be friction in the area, could be your partner has jock itch and passed it on...There are any number of causes.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67