Anal Advancement Flap...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

anoplasty

Postby evmaya » 01 Mar 2010, 03:37

so in short I live in australia and found a private surgeon who did it for me free through the public system so my treatment was as such. I had an excellent surgeon although no people skills. I went in the daytime and the painless procedure took less than 1 hour. Went home feeling great with no pain and excited. next day woke up with pain which worsened by the hour...drove to emergency and back in hospital for 5 nights of severe pain and emotional frustration...my surgeon was nowhere to be seen which really made things difficult. Basically I developed 2 haemotomas under the sutured skin tags which were very swollen and caused excrutiating pain which i manged to kinda stay on top of with constant painkillers...to cut a long story short after about 4 weeks i fissure had healed and the stiches had opened on the other one leaving the cut exposed but fortunately another 3 weeks later it to healed. Id say for me it was 6 weeks before i felt myself again but I think if there are no complications youd be right in about 1 -2 weeks. The most painful thing for me after surgery was my anus going into involuntary spasms where the stitching had been done...oooowww...like every 5 mins at first and then rapidly declining till no more after a few days
anyway prefer not to have to go through that agin but well worth it...I come out of the bathroom smiling...imagine that hey....im on 2 sachets of movicol a night
anymore questions welcome
main thing is a great surgeon
evmaya

Re: Anal Advancement Flap...

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Mar 2010, 21:23

If I may comment ; ) - 4 weeks is not a long period - not even for simple tag removal - not to mention flap surgery !!! You did great !!!!
MAJOR CONGRATS on your brand new butt : )))) !!!!
PS: Everybody who ever wrote here from Australia had GREAT results with any butt surgery !!! You people are soooooo lucky with your doctors and health system in general !!!!! God bless Australia LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Michelle » 04 Mar 2010, 17:11

Do you know what caused the haematomas? How did the surgeon fix the problem? How about what caused the stitches to open on your second fissure? What instructions were you given after the surgery (bed rest, activity level, lifting, eating, etc)? Did the surgeon say that was normal for you to have spasming after the surgery?
Michelle
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Mar 2010, 02:44

Hematoma is nothing else but collected blood in one place. It is very common after surgery - actually I had it after my first LIS and blood collected in one of the skin tags - I completely forgot about that : (!
Body takes care of them by reabsorbing blood back and getting rid of dead blood cells - but it takes about 2 weeks and you need to have at least 3-4 very warm 20 min soaks a day to encourage circulation there . It will help with healing and hematoma at the same time !!!
I did not have any stitches since I did not have a flap. Your surgeon should take a look and see if any big damage was done or it will heal without problems by itself. Flap is VERY touchy procedure and very finicky but very good surgeon can perform it without much problems.
During my second LIS I had fissurectomy and 2 tags removed AND 3 cent.piles inside - so my butt went into the shock due to all of that cutting - it got into spasms that were terribly painful.
For that I was prescribed Vallium and I took Perkocet (pain killer) for about 2 weeks and than all calmed down. I was advised to rest , take soeaks as often as possible (I took 5-6), and to keep area clean - which I did by soaking and than visually inspecting and cleaning anything "still lingering" with a q-tip soaked in chamomile tea or Balneol creme. I also liked to keep cotton rounds soaked in cool chamomile and white-oak on my butt - it calmed whole are down. I am a lot "into" alternative med. and herbal remedies - so ...it is up to you - if you do not like the idea , do not do it Image.
I learned after first LIS that pulling heavy stuff even 6 mos post-op is disastrous !!! SO - do not push, pull or carry anything heavy !!!!! If you need to carry groceries from car to the home - take smaller parts and make many trips back and forth - do NOT fall into that trap : (((
Eating - I ate my normal diet - BUT my normal diet was always rich in fiber and fruits and veggies - and post-op I was very careful not to eat breads, pasta, cheese etc. - althiugh I do NEVER was constipated in my life - just the fear of that possibly happening was enough to keep me on extra fiber.
After second LIS , since my butt got into a spasm, those 2 weeks I had to stop using bulking fiber -Metamucil : ((.My butt just could not deal with big poop !!!! So I was just taking MOM and Colace.
It is very important to stop the spasm and pain since it goes in "cycles" - pain causes spasm - spasm causes painful BM- painful BM causes spasm... etc. So, my CRS INSISTED I take Vallium and Pain meds to stop the cycle and it worked perfectly.
My last CRS told me that for some patients too much trauma during surgery can cause a spasm !!!!! It happens mostly during hemorrhoidectomy - but both you and me had very extensive surgeries in that little hole - so yeah - it is not unusual to get one !!!!
So - ask for meds, and take soaks, rest, eat veggies , stay off your butt, do not carry heavy things !!!
Wishing you the best of luck Image Image Image Image Image and super-fast healing !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61