Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 05 May 2013, 12:23

Hi guys,
I hope you're all well. :D I just want to start by saying that I stumbled upon this forum today and wish I had found it earlier; I think it's a great way for people who are having these similar problems to communicate.
My name is Josh, I turned 21 in March, and I live in the United Kingdom. A while ago, I noticed a lump on the outside of my anus (I don't know what caused it) whilst I was washing my body and contacted my doctor straight away. When I went to see him, he checked me, told me that I had a chronic anal fissure and said it was nothing to worry about. He told me about what an anal fissure was, about the symtomps and the treatments for it.
Strangely, I have, however, not experienced any of the symptoms of an anal fissure: no pain, no bleeding, no itching, no stinging, and etc. - nothing.
This leads me to my query: I am gay, and, although I have not had any sexual experience as of yet (as much as I have sexual needs I know that I would feel much more comfortable engaging in sexual activity with a boyfriend), I know that I will enjoy sexual intercourse and do, like a few others on this forum, consider myself a bottom. I have read up on some similar issues that users on the forum (as well as elsewhere) have had, but it seems like they are mostly fearful of engaging in anal sex because of the pain. Since I have not had any painful experiences - or any of the symptoms for that matter - I am assuming it would be fine for me to engage in sexual intercourse as long as I am careful and, as already stated elsewhere, maybe use sex toys so that my ass is used to stretching first.
I am considering going back to my doctor's and asking to speak to a nurse about it, or anyone who may know an answer to this, as I find this very strange. On a webpage that I was looking at earlier, a sentence read as follows: 'Sometimes an anal fissure may be a painless wound that won't heal and that bleeds intermittently but causes no other symptoms.' This is the closest definition of an anal fissure that I can categorise my issue with, although, as aforementioned, I don't even bleed at all.
When my mother first checked the issue for me she thought it was a skin tag; I'm wondering, then, given this and the previous information that I have posted, if my doctor actually got his terminology wrong (one poster in a thread that I read earlier mentioned something about doctors not having much knowledge on fissures).
Anyway, I probably will contact my local doctor's again and book an appointment with somebody, so I will keep you all updated on that, especially if something is said that might prove useful to anybody else. However, I still felt it would be beneficial for me to join this forum, and if anyone can let me know any valuable information about my query I'd be extremely grateful.
Thank you very much; it's much appreciated. Much love,
Josh xoxoxo
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Anal sex/Painless chronic fissure (presumably) related query

Postby jr2 » 05 May 2013, 13:28

Hi Josh,
Welcome to the forum! It is a great place to share information and support, and the people here are awesome.
It is possible you were misdiagnosed, and it is also possible you have a painless fissure (though it is pretty uncommon) . Skin tags can actually occur in the anal region (like any other part of the body) and aren't necessarily the "sentinel pile" type that is associated with fissures.
A second opinion would definitely be worthwhile, especially since anal sex is something you plan on and if you do have a chronic fissure, whether it is painful or not, the wound there could potentially make you more vulnerable not just to further damage during sex but also possibly to various kinds of infections.
Good luck, and let us know what you find out!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby buttquestion » 05 May 2013, 17:30

I am gay bottom and if you truly have an anal fissure, anal sex will be painful. The degree of pain varies and I ignored the pain for 3-4 years (without knowing it is a fissure and not just "Oh, anal sex is just painful).
If you have not experienced any pain at all, I don't think it's fissure. Skin tag can form without fissure. You can probably have a doctor to cut it off even as it can be an eye sore.
Most people who have anal fissure hurts even just by passing gas! They are afraid of bowel movement and a real anal sex is much more invasive than BM.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 09 May 2013, 11:16

Hello guys,
I had an appointment to see my other doctor today and he confirmed that it's a skin tag, but what's strange is that the doctor that I saw about it in the first place has also put down in my records that it's a skin tag. As I say he told me it was a fissure, so I don't understand what has gone wrong there.
Anyway, he has referred me to a surgeon, and I am going to get it cut off (thank you for mentioning this, buttquestion, and I appreciate your reply, jr2, also); I will find out when my appointment is tomorrow.
Although I am very, very glad with this information, I am annoyed, upset and disappointed that I have worried about this for two years and eight months now (I saw the first doctor in September 2010), when I could have got it sorted out then, but didn't because of my confused doctor.
I am glad that I came across this forum and thank you for your replies, guys, because if I had not posted here I would have not saw my doctor again and I would have thought that this was something that could not be sorted out. Once again, I am truly thankful (you don't know how much I am!).
I hope you are well and taking care. Much love,
Josh xoxoxo
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 09 May 2013, 13:13

Hi Josh,
I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but my fissure formed after surgery for hemmie banding and skin tag removal. The removal of the tag left my skin thinner and it tore almost straight away.
I would seriously consider not having it removed, if its not hurting you... I would leave well alone.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby buttquestion » 09 May 2013, 13:21

ImpressiveInstant21 wrote:Anyway, he has referred me to a surgeon, and I am going to get it cut off (thank you for mentioning this, buttquestion, and I appreciate your reply, jr2, also); I will find out when my appointment is tomorrow.
Although I am very, very glad with this information, I am annoyed, upset and disappointed that I have worried about this for two years and eight months now (I saw the first doctor in September 2010), when I could have got it sorted out then, but didn't because of my confused doctor.

Hold on a minute. How severe are you? You said you don't feel much pain right?
If so, I will seriously consider other ways first before surgery.
Try using Palmer's Cocoa Butter (fast absorption) skin treatment on your skin tag first. I've been using this for 2 months.
buttquestion
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby jr2 » 09 May 2013, 14:30

totally agree with buttquestion and owmybum
if you're dealing only with a skin tag and it's not painful (like painful to the point of being really miserable), you could be buying more trouble for yourself by having it removed. Creating a scar there will reduce the elasticity in the area among other potential problems. A lot of people who have had skin tag removal regret it later for the problems it created, and the fact is, even if it all did go perfectly, skin tags usually recur anyway.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 09 May 2013, 15:17

Hi guys,
thank you for all of your replies. :) Much appreciated.
buttquestion, I have had a look online at different Palmer's Cocoa Butter products and there are many. Is there a specific type that you would recommend? The most frequent option that comes up is Formula Skin Therapy Oil.
On another hand, the doctor I went to see today is very trustworthy and when I asked if it could be removed he didn't have hesitations and he's usually very catious. I have read up on how problems can be created after they are removed, though.
Josh xoxoxo
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 09 May 2013, 15:43

Also, has anybody used Skinhale? I've looked around a little and this has pretty good reviews and works quickly.
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict

Postby ImpressiveInstant21 » 10 May 2013, 06:36

Okay guys,
I went to the doctor's to pick up my referral and the doctor who checked me yesterday was there at the reception. The receptionist handed me my referral and I mentioned to the doctor that having the skin tag cut off is not recommended and that it can cause infections. He responded very confidently that he was "100%" sure that this wouldn't happen, and that he has had other patients who have had it done without problem. This is a very, very catious, careful doctor: whenever I have spoken to him about any other health-related issues or anything, for that matter, he has always, always outlined ALL the possibilities.
Therefore, I'm extremely confused. I'm tempted to just go for it - saying you're 100% sure isn't a comment to be weary about.
I may search around and ask some other people guys. If there's any other information that you can give me, please do, and if anyone can get back to me on the Cocoa Butter and other creams and oils, that would be lovely.
Have a great day! Many thanks again. Warmest,
Josh xoxoxo
ImpressiveInstant21
Fibre Addict