Anal skin tag surgery

Having surgery tomorrow I’m so nervous

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Anal skin tag surgery

Postby Kam88 » 29 Jul 2018, 10:41

Hello everyone. I have a skin tag from a hemorrhoid that I’ve been dealing with for 7 years. It makes me extremely self conscious I don’t even want to have sex with it. I’m a female in my early 20s. It’s in the side closest to my vagina so it is very visible. My gynecologist referred me to a general surgeon and after seeing them they said they would remove it, partially close it with dissolvable stitches and leave part open to prevent infection. Went over some complications. Didn’t mention anything about the possibility of new skin tags forming, which I have read about frequently from other posters. I just want to look as normal as possible. I struggle with self image as it is, I’m so scared of this being for nothing or looking worse than before surgery. I also will only have the day after to relax than I go back to work for two days in a row as a nurse. So I’m on my feet a lot. But my insurance is ending so I needed this taken care of as soon as possible and I just got a new job so I can’t take work off. Also this is being done under twighlight anesthesia. Edit: well I am terrified and obsessing over others posts and complications. I hope I’m doing the right thing. I don’t know. I will update as things go.
Kam88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Anal skin tag surgery

Postby bukeyemama » 29 Jul 2018, 22:06

Hi. I had my very large skin tags removed a week ago Friday. I opted to have general anesthesia. My CRS placed some sutures and also numbed me with something that kept me pain free for 48 hrs. I am also dealing with a significant fissure. The sutures and packing came out with first BM. Only took Ibuprofen for the first few days. Make sure you sitz 2-3 times daily esp after BMs. My fissure is the painful issue. She prescribed a compounded calcium channel blocker to increase blood flow. As long as you keep surgical area clean, the skin tag surgery was NBD. Standing def more comfortable than sitting. I have a gel cushion. I work a desk job but my CRS wrote me off work for 2 weeks. No lifting over 10 lbs and no bending down. Good luck
bukeyemama
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Bukeyemama

Postby Kam88 » 30 Jul 2018, 12:46

Thank you for the reply! I just got out of my surgery a little bit ago. I was in stirrups so I woke up with hip pain and felt the anal pain immediately. Was at about a 5. Already had to pee. And bleeding definitely visible on the sheets and stuff. He said I have packing in my butt which will come out withmy first bm. I had lidocaine packing on the outside but that fell out when I peed. Nervous because I’m in 4/10 pain with the pain med and he also used lidocaine injections. So not sure how it will be when this wears off. Hopefully tolerable.
Kam88
Fibre Addict

Postby bukeyemama » 30 Jul 2018, 16:25

First few days are worst. I had the leg pain and also rib pain and sore throat from ET tube. So glad I was OUT for the procedure I took 400 mg Ibuprofen and piggy backed with 500mg Extra Strength Tylenol. Did this every 6 hrs for a few days. I laid very low that evening and Saturday and Sunday. Last Monday was my daughter’s birthday. We went to dinner, with my cushion and with the pain combo. Keep your BMs super soft so you won’t strain. I did Senekot and Miralax. Good luck
bukeyemama
Fibre Addict

Postby Kam88 » 05 Aug 2018, 20:29

Thank you! I was in worse pain starting Thursday and Friday. Then I got strep throat on Saturday, as if recovering from surgery wasnt bad enough. I’m worried about the swelling, I saw the dr and he said it looks like a big hemorrhoid. Also looks like extra skin, which is actually kind of hard when I touch it, from the bottom of my vagina to this big swollen “hemorrhoid”. I am so worried things will look much worse than before the surgery. I’m doing everything I can. It looks like such a mess.
Kam88
Fibre Addict

Postby bukeyemama » 05 Aug 2018, 22:08

Oh sorry to hear that. Did the surgeon not opt to do hemorrhoid surgery while removing the tags. What method did he use. I didn’t have the swelling post op. Just keep doing the sitz baths. They really help the most. I did them 3x/day and now am doing them 2x. I go back to work tomorrow. My biggest issue is intermittent bleeding. With or without BM. More of an annoyance than anything else
bukeyemama
Fibre Addict

Postby Kam88 » 06 Aug 2018, 08:22

Apparently he told my mom he saw a small one but didn’t take it out? Then was all surprised with the huge amount of swelling. He just cut off the skin tag and closed it with dissolvable stitches. The first doctor I saw, his partner, was going to leave it partially open to prevent infection and said he would take out underlying veins because they swell and that’s what caused the skin tag to begin with. But he was going on vacation and couldn’t do it. Im just so upset I will go through surgery again to get this fixed but with someone else. I really don’t like the doctor after this surgery.
Kam88
Fibre Addict