Analpram??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Analpram??

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 10:21

Hey everyone.
I saw a CRS yesterday who prescribed Analpram and I think I read some posts where a few of you may have used this. I have some questions?
1. I read that it should not be used on cuts and such. Is it safe to use with an AF?
2. Is it just for use around the outside of the rectum, or should you use it at the spot of the AF as well? I know my CRS said to put it on inside the rectum.
3. How much is too much at one time? I use 2-3 pea-sized portions at one application time.
4. By using this, my rectum will be moist most of the time. Shouldn't the AF area be dry in order to better heal?
5. Did it help??
Sorry for all the questions. The CRS I had was "in a hurry" and I was asking a ton of other questions insitead of the ones above. Thanks for any help.

Re: Analpram??

Postby happyass » 14 Jun 2007, 15:11

with regards to the AF area being dry for healing, i think not.
however, there is a difference between moisture that is bad and good.
for instance, sweat and fecal residue as a source of moisture is not good for the AF area.
it is always good to blow dry your butt/anus after a bath/shower. once it is absolutely dry, apply a thin coating of palmer's cocoa butter with vitamin e cream to help the area heal and remain soft. you don't want it to dry up because then it will affect elasticity while healing and you want to keep the skin elastic especially since you will have a BM and you will need your skin to stretch - not dry up and re-tear.
that is another reason why witch hazel is bad for AF areas. because it will help shrink tissues and minimize the elasticity of the anus hence, making it very uncomfortable when having a BM - your anus needs to stretch!
i don't have much information or any experience about analpram. i never got prescribed any drug creams for my fissure by the CRS.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: Analpram??

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2007, 15:37

The hydrocortisone in there can help with irritation, swelling and itching and the lidocaine can help with numbing the area but I don't know that it has any real healing properties for fissure.
I may be wrong, and I hope that I am. You can always try it and see. Give it a trial run. I know long term hydrocortisone use can thin the skin but it has been used a long time with many patients so it is pretty safe.
Make sure you follow up with your doctor if you don't notice any improvement.