Anterior scar tissue - when will it leave me alone!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anterior scar tissue - when will it leave me alone!

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 May 2016, 12:02

Hello all,

I am a male and as we all know anterior fissures in my gender isn't common! I had 3 fissures originally one posterior (chronic) and two anterior.

the anterior fissures made excessive scar tissue bridging my sphincter and that got excised last year. I don't appear to have any active fissure now but every BM is still like a terrible grating bruise feeling. I've had a feel up there with lots of lubrication and I can feel a thick tissue scar type thing just inside the sphincter between the 11 and 1 position.

My surgeon assured me the scar tissue will go away but it's not getting any better and my BMs are still painful as ever (especially on the days with the dreaded plug effect!!!!) but once the bm has passed I get no spasms and the pain ceases apart from a dull ache.

I'm trying aloe vera cream which doesn't really work but I'm running out of ideas.

it's been asked a few times here but there's never been a definitive answer, will my scar tissue dissipate and return to normal tissue? or am I stuck like this forever?

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Anterior scar tissue - when will it leave me alone!

Postby suzyljank » 22 May 2016, 13:32

Hi, sorry to hear you're still having problems. Did you have a CRS do your procedure? I had surgery for anal stenosis with a fissure. The scar tissue I had from previous surgeries got worse as the fissure would tear and heal and tear again. I finally had 2 advancement flaps done. My CRS took some of the scar tissue away and replaced it with new tissue that would stretch. Of course any surgery causes scar tissue so after surgery I was told to dilate once a day to keep all the tissue stretchable. With scar tissue you have about 2 years to stretch it and after that what you have is what you have. Scar tissue does not go away. It's been 3 years since my surgery and I still dilate once a day. It makes a big difference. Are you using stool softeners like miralax or anything. Keeping your stools softer is also key. Hope this helps. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic