Anurex + depression

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anurex + depression

Postby jeffrygraham » 23 Mar 2010, 07:20

Went to my surgeon yesterday and was told that my fissures already healed so most likely my endless pain is due to depression ? anyone experienced this ? and he asked me to try Anurex (not for depression). Have u used Anurex before ?
jeffrygraham
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anurex + depression

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Mar 2010, 23:36

Sorry to hear that you are still in pain : (((. I would seek a second opinion about the pain since if there is the pain there - it is more likely that you have a fissure or infection than that depression is causing your endless pain !!!!!!!! Your CRS is jumping into conclusions too fast IMO and maybe does not know what to do next so is attributing your pain to some psychological misbalance.
Yes, depression can cause widespread pain - but I never heard it causes a "butt pain" ! If you have pain only in your anal area - I would not consider depression as a cause.
Doctors often attribute any condition to the depression as soon as they are out of ideas or options !!!
Please do not get disheartened - go to another CRS and another and another until somebody gets to the bottom of your problem (literary and symbolically ; ).
I was told that I have no fissure and than another CRS found it and even made a photo of it to show me !!!!!!!
PS: I never used Anurex , sorry that I do not give you any advice. BUT , if it is anything that needs to be pushed "up" your anus - do not do it if you are fissure-prone !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: Anurex + depression

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 24 Mar 2010, 01:15

I've never heard of Anurex for fissures and a search of this forum's archives doesn't seem to yield any previous threads on it either. But I'm with Fiss, a Google search indicates that it's something you need to put into your anal canal. There's no way I'd entertain using that with an active fissure.
Frankly if it were me, I'd seek another opinion, and if that second opinion also says the fissure is completely healed, then I'd consider the antidepressants before sticking something like Anurex up there. That just seems real iffy IMO if you currently have or previously had a fissure.
Tricyclic antidepressants (not the newer SSRI class favored for depression) are often given for neuropathic pain. When given for neuropathic pain, they are usually given in lower doses than are therapeutic for depression. However even if tricyclic antidepressants kill the pain, that still doesn't mean it's because you're depressed; that simply means that you've stopped the nerve impulses causing the pain. Some commonly used ones include amitriptyline and nortriptyline. A nerve pain drug called Neurontin (Gabapentin) is also pretty popular these days. If you're intent on seeing this same doc again, it might help to ask exactly which antidepressants he has in mind. But I'd definitely think a second opinion as to whether the fissure is still open and active is warranted first.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45