Anxiety...should I have surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Anxiety...should I have surgery?

Postby Anya324 » 04 Oct 2012, 22:37

I'd advise you to be a squeaky wheel with your second opinion CRS to see if you can get an earlier appointment. It makes sense that you'd have to wait to get in to see him if he's that popular but people cancel all the time.
I have had my AF for some time now but cannot pinpoint exactly when it started. The bleeding and intense pain came on a few months ago and I kept ignoring it. When I went to see my CRS in Orlando Last week, he said I must have it fixed otherwise I'm at risk for lots of side effects like Fistulas and abscesses. So my surgery is scheduled for the 11th. I will do my best to post about my experience daily so you can follow my progress if you wish. I have 21mo twins so I have to heal fast!!!! Do your Sitz baths now and rest when you can. And the less pressure down there the better, especially after surgery from what I understand. GL :D Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby xanderla30 » 05 Oct 2012, 06:13

Thanks for the responses!
I'm feeling a little better but still quite anxious.
My SO checked me out last night and said there were like 4 fissures on the right side bright red and irritated. Now my mind has jumped to this being something worse like anal cancer. I keep thinking though that if the first crs suspected something like that he woul have ordered further testing right away rather than telling me ill likely need surgery but that there is no "right" time to do it.
Also since I've started on the nipefedrine ointment I've noticed a lot more bleeding. Like this morning the whole toilet was bloody. Is that something I should call the doctor about?
Thanks again for the kind responses ill keep updating as well. :-)
xanderla30
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Fissurehell » 05 Oct 2012, 14:18

Xanderla30,
My advice is to get the surgery, I guarantee you will be happy you did. It may take a month or two to feel better (i am 4 weeks post op and feel great) but the pain is no where near the fissure pain and at least with surgery you know you're healing... Just go through with it and before you know it you will be healing up....
Fissurehell

Topics: 1

Postby Bambi » 05 Oct 2012, 22:11

Xanderia-
I was worried about the anal cancer thing as well, but my CRS assured me that the symptoms were different. Plus you have gotten things checked out and they saw the obvious fissures there. It is so hard not to worry though. I like Anya's idea about being a bit of a squeaky wheel or asking if they will call you if there is a cancellation. Hang in there!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby xanderla30 » 05 Oct 2012, 22:30

Thanks bambi for the reassurance. I'm going to call Monday and check with the crs to see if there is anything available sooner. I'm anxious to get in ther !
xanderla30
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 06 Oct 2012, 18:34

Bambi,
How is your husband doing?????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 07 Oct 2012, 17:54

Hi Cherylk,
He is doing well right now- thanks so much for asking. I posted in Off topic about it a few days ago. But the short story is that his checkups have been good but he continues to need the BCG treatments instilled in his bladder for a 3 week maintenance cycle every 6 months and those are once a week for 3 weeks. It causes him a lot of discomfort during the cycle and for several weeks after, but then things get back to normal. His next cycle is in mid November. Hope you are doing well!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby cherylk » 07 Oct 2012, 17:56

I'll lok for your reply in the off topic section. I thought that he had bladder cancer. I'll reply to your other post if I can find it!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46