Any other lucky ones who got an abscess/infection from LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Any other lucky ones who got an abscess/infection from LIS?

Postby rooster » 01 Sep 2013, 11:18

The fissurectomy seems to have worked, but I am 3 weeks out from the LIS/fissurectomy and I continue to have a recurring abscess/infection from the LIS incision. 2 rounds of surgical drainage of the abscess (which was VERY painful) and 10 days of antibiotics and no relief. Love when the doctor says, wow, this is very rare. Did any have an abscess and did it turn into a fistula? I'm worried at this point that I am going to now need another surgery!
rooster
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Any other lucky ones who got an abscess/infection from LIS?

Postby omyrear » 04 Sep 2013, 20:02

I got an abscess before LIS, which had apparently turned into a fistula by the time I had surgery because when I woke up they told me I had LIS and a fistulotomy. I think the fistula must have been pretty minor because I didn't have stitches or anything, like it seems most people on here have. My surgeon used the fistula site as the incision site for LIS so I just had the 1 incision. It was just a bit tender for a week or so afterwards, but really, I don't think the fistulotomy added much if any discomfort to my recovery. Hopefully if yours turns into a fistula, your surgery & recovery will be pretty easy/painless too!! I know it can be so stressful to think about another surgery, but just know that if you have to have it, it may not be as bad as you think. Good luck!
omyrear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Any other lucky ones who got an abscess/infection from LIS?

Postby richibeno » 05 Sep 2013, 08:55

hi I got an abcess from when I had botox ,must have blocked up a glan during the proceadure
and it was so painfull ,I had it opened and drained and all gunk removed and had a drainage seto put in to keep it all open and draining because it had turned into a fistula
after 2 months it had all cleaned up and I had a fistulotomy ,it had go through my internal sphincter muscle ,,so he had to cut into the muscle to clean out the fistula
this was in effect a lis also ,
im on my way now to getting back to normal
it take a long while to feel good even after full healing there is twinges and achs a lot of the time
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28