Banding/Botox for prolapsing internal hem’s and fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Banding/Botox for prolapsing internal hem’s and fissure

Postby chachacha » 14 Jul 2020, 17:04

I'm sure that everything down there is "annoyed" by the procedures, so I wouldn't worry yet about it things being permanent. Give it a few more days, or weeks, or even give your surgeon's office a call to see what they think.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Jon » 14 Jul 2020, 17:34

chachacha wrote:I'm sure that everything down there is "annoyed" by the procedures, so I wouldn't worry yet about it things being permanent. Give it a few more days, or weeks, or even give your surgeon's office a call to see what they think.

Yeah, if they’re still like this in the morning I’m going to call.

I don’t know if I should just leave them alone and hope they’ll reduce soon, or try some hemorrhoid cream, or what? I’m fighting the urge to keep trying to push them in. It doesn’t work anyway, and I don’t want to make anything worse.

Maybe the internal on that side that is banded will reduce soon, and that will stop the blood supply to these externals? Right now the whole left side is inflated - I hate it. If it was inside, but with the exact same level of discomfort I’d feel great about things.
Jon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 14 Jul 2020, 18:13

The worst thing I ever did was try to push in tissue that should have been left alone, after my LIS surgery. I thought that it was my hemorrhoids, needing to be re-inserted, but they were skin tags from the surgery.

Call in the morning, if you like, but I honestly can't think of anything good that can come of trying to force them in.

Also, are you sure the they're hemorrhoids? And could the surgeon have said that they're attached to the fissure, and not the internal hemmie? Fissures often grow what looks like a hemorrhoid, but are actually skin tags, and skin tags can also appear after any anal surgery. They can swell a lot and become quite tender.

It's hard, I know, but you really should wait and speak to the surgeon.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jon » 14 Jul 2020, 18:45

chachacha wrote:The worst thing I ever did was try to push in tissue that should have been left alone, after my LIS surgery. I thought that it was my hemorrhoids, needing to be re-inserted, but they were skin tags from the surgery.

Call in the morning, if you like, but I honestly can't think of anything good that can come of trying to force them in.

Also, are you sure the they're hemorrhoids? And could the surgeon have said that they're attached to the fissure, and not the internal hemmie? Fissures often grow what looks like a hemorrhoid, but are actually skin tags, and skin tags can also appear after any anal surgery. They can swell a lot and become quite tender.

It's hard, I know, but you really should wait and speak to the surgeon.

Yeah, they told me before I had two small externals - but they’re kinda right on the anus and inside a bit. Kinda both inside and outside, if that makes sense. Other than bowel movements, they rarely swell up. Occasionally over the years when running long distance or something, it happens - but I’ve always been able to kinda push them back in and reduce them. And usually if I feel for them, they’re really small and soft and almost feel like loose skin. I’m going to do my best to not touch them, lol. It’s super annoying and uncomfortable though. I’ve had these for years before getting the fissure.

I forgot to mention that the CRS also clipped off an anal papilla(sp.?) from inside.
Jon
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 14 Jul 2020, 19:32

The papilla is the internal equivalent of the external tags that accompany fissures.

Please keep us posted and let us know what your doctor tells you tomorrow.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jon » 15 Jul 2020, 08:51

Called the doctor and they want me to come in and take a look at it. Mentioned that they hope it’s not thrombosed, though they said that’s often extremely painful. I’m not in extreme pain - it’s just incredibly uncomfortable and annoying. But that could be it? I’ll find out in a few hours. Bad thing is I have an hour drive to get to the appointment. No fun.
Jon
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 15 Jul 2020, 09:16

I had a severely thrombosed hemorrhoid, which was what started all of my anal issues, and also was when I first met my CRS. I was surprised by what he told me on that first visit. My GP had sent me to the CRS so that he could lance the hemmie, but the CRS told me that it was too late to do that (I think I saw him on about day 5?). He said that the entire process would take about two weeks, and my minor to moderate pain would increase until about day 7 or 8 and then become completely unbearable. I kind of shrugged off that dire prediction, but boy was he right! Knowing that it would eventually pass though, allowed me to get through it, but I did so in the bathtub (sleeping there for over 2 days and nights), and kept heating the water up to as hot as I could stand, because that was the only way to bring down the pain a bit. You're lucky to be seeing your doctor today, because if it is thrombosed, you're still at the stage where it can be lanced. Also, since you say that you have a history of these hemorrhoids, there is probably nothing new there, and your old hemmies or tags are acting up as a result of the surgery. Keep us posted.
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jon » 15 Jul 2020, 09:20

chachacha wrote:I had a severely thrombosed hemorrhoid, which was what started all of my anal issues, and also was when I first met my CRS. I was surprised by what he told me on that first visit. My GP had sent me to the CRS so that he could lance the hemmie, but the CRS told me that it was too late to do that (I think I saw him on about day 5?). He said that the entire process would take about two weeks, and my minor to moderate pain would increase until about day 7 or 8 and then become completely unbearable. I kind of shrugged off that dire prediction, but boy was he right! Knowing that it would eventually pass though, allowed me to get through it, but I did so in the bathtub (sleeping there for over 2 days and nights), and kept heating the water up to as hot as I could stand, because that was the only way to bring down the pain a bit. You're lucky to be seeing your doctor today, because if it is thrombosed, you're still at the stage where it can be lanced. Also, since you say that you have a history of these hemorrhoids, there is probably nothing new there, and your old hemmies or tags are acting up as a result of the surgery. Keep us posted.

So if this thing does get lanced - does that mean the hemorrhoid will be gone?
Jon
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 15 Jul 2020, 09:27

I don't know, but I guess that we'll find out after your doctor's visit. When are you heading there?
Fissure since about 2007
LIS January, 2015
chachacha

Postby Jon » 15 Jul 2020, 09:35

chachacha wrote:I don't know, but I guess that we'll find out after your doctor's visit. When are you heading there?

My appointment is in about 5 hours.
Jon
Fibre Addict