Blood - no pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Blood - no pain

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2007, 11:38

As I stated in Chris' post today I did have another setback with lots of bleeding this morning - all my own fault for forgetting fiber and water and exercise lately! I think the good news is that it doesn't hurt afterwards like it used to and when I went this morning (hadn't gone "good" in a couple of days) I could feel the sharp pain and knew I would see blood, but just cleaned up and the pain isn't lingering like it used to. I'm going to take this that that is a good thing and is at least some progress even during a setback. July is when this all began for me so it's only been 5 months, but it seems like 5 years! I think we all need to remember the fiber, the flax, the aloe and all that other good stuff during the holidays!

Re: Blood - no pain

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Dec 2007, 11:45

If you aren't having spasms, that is indeed a good sign, I would think. Bleeding, even from a "healed" fissure, is just going to happen from time to time. I had a bit of blood about three weeks ago even though it was a year out (almost) from my surgery. An oversized hard Bm was my culprit.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2007, 12:11

Yep, you gotta keep on doing what you know to do at least for a year!

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2007, 17:42

pretty tree Lecia!

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2007, 18:16

Dan;
I am glad you had no pain. My ordeal started in May or earlier but you are right it does seem like forever. Just get back on your routine thats all. Holiday time is tempting I had 2 cookies today and a breadstick but I had my fiber and a lot of water. I will just be good tomorrow. I have been pain free for awhile. I will take this as a good sign too. Just take it easy I hope you have no more bleeding.
Take Care
Patty
:snn:

Postby Guest » 13 Dec 2007, 18:24

Thank you-my two little elves did most of the work! :hoho:

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 05:58

Does anyone else think there is seriously something wrong with not being able to eat a semi normal diet without having a huge issue with their fissure? For me, I broke down and had cheeseburger at McDonald's. ONE cheeseburger! Those things are like 3 bites, and I was perfect the rest of the day.
One of the things that depresses me most is thinking I'll have to eat this strictly the rest of my life. And it wouldn't be so bad if that STRICT diet gave me 100%, or even 90% results, but its still a roll of the dice every morning.
The funny thing is that all the doctors keep telling me to eat like normal, but just avoid nuts and popcorn.
Sorry...just had to vent!

Postby val » 14 Dec 2007, 07:27

Yey, I know where you're coming from!
The only time I cheated on the diet was with a prawn risotto, and next day I got the abcess. I was also having bubble baths/scented soaps and blamed it on all that. But ...it was probably coincidence, although I haven't dare cheat since!!
Its very limiting and frustrating, especially cooking nice meals for my family-like my favourite-chilli con carne, and then sitting there with salad and salmon. And with Christmas coming up, its worse. The good news is all the weight I've lost! And its very healthy to eat like we all do, so there are some plus points to it all.It IS worth it!!
But, yes, ITS SO BORING!!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 09:00

I am finding that if I cheat and take a little milk of magnesia it seems to cover a multitude of eating "sins." I am not saying it gives you license to just eat major no-nos, but it does seem to help when I eat out of my comfort zone.