Botox and Kenalog

What I had done

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox and Kenalog

Postby ihatethisclub » 31 Jul 2015, 01:20

I am now 3 weeks and 5 days out. The past 3 days have been really good. The thrombosed hemorrhoid didn't pop out. I had no spasms. I had no particular fissure pain.

Then, this morning after a bm, I felt the tiniest twinge afterward. Then, later on, I had another twinge and my anal are felt raw. The hemi popped out briefly, though it wasn't as painful as before, just ugly.

I'm grateful that the fissure is essentially healed using the tools that Dr. Feingold developed. I can see why many people are happy with the new procedure. It really does appear to work. However, from all my reading, the tight sphincter-anal fissure relationship is like the chicken and egg. One can cause the other. I will really be curious to read Dr. Feingold's research when he decides to publish to see what percentage of people, if any, do not recover from the spasms.

Just thinking out loud. I'd like to have hope that this will be resolved without further surgery, but I'm starting to feel that lasting relief will mean LIS.

Just a note, I took some pics of my anal area to get a better look and I have 4-5 healed sentinel piles. They look like smooth, slightly raised bumps and are identical to the location of the fissure that my doctor cauterized. I have no idea how old these scar/skin tags are, but they're evidence that I've had fissures before, that obviously healed without pain. If I'm prone to fissures/tight sphincter, then I can't see that cautery or botox will help me long term.
ihatethisclub
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6