bum teas

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

bum teas

Postby buttgirl » 18 Mar 2008, 11:25

I can find the post or remembr who asked about the teas but here's what i drink and why
chamomile lavendar--claming to the tummy and a bit astringent. seems to help irritation
peppermint--it's a digestive that helps with gas and cramps
valerian--helps put you to sleep and also reduces smooth muscle spasms. often I mix this with peppermint or honey because it tastes icky.
slippery elm--really helps to cut down inflammation, especially the day after eating spicy/acidic foods. basically make a porrige and gulp it.
black/green/white teas--because I love them, and i can have a big cup with 6-8 oz (5 grams) of fiber soy milk.
fruity/spicy teas, again because I like them.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: bum teas

Postby Jen » 18 Mar 2008, 13:20

Thanks buttgirl! It was me who asked about the teas...How are you feeling?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 18 Mar 2008, 14:12

i like peppermint tea! i had my first cup of it last night, after eating too much pasta and feeling too full. it really helped with the full, uncomfortable feeling.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 15:33

Herbs are greatest medicines that exist : )) ! I am same as Chris - I have a tea or herb in pill form for any of my ailments, and I also treat my whole family with them. I think it is cultural thing - when you grow up using them and see that they actually work - it becomes your second nature to use them.
Mother nature has so much to offer and we ignore her and even destroy her any way we can : (((. I know I sound like "flower child" LOL, oh my, maybe I had too much hemp tea this morning , ha ha haaaa...
Peace brothers ; )) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 17:39

Buttgirl,
I asked about the teas along time ago. Thanks for sharing that, I am getting sick of decaf coffee.
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 18:29

Patty, green, black and gray teas have caffein - if that is important to you ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 18 Mar 2008, 21:54

Patty, I'm sorry I didn't notice your question earlier. I would definitely have answered.
Fiss, your so right. My mom is from Eastern europe and herbs are second nature. I have always been treated with them. though they just can't compare to LIS, at leas so far
I'm still feeling good. knock on wood. this has been my fourth pain free day--aside from some slight stinging at the incision site. I don't think that area is quite healed yet, but i have no major complaints. I am in disbelief, frankly. I keep expecting the pain to hit after bm in the morning, but so far it hasn't.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Mar 2008, 22:55

I am so happy for you, dear Chris : ))) ! You suffered for so long and had to deal with crappy doctors , now you can finally have your life back :)!!!! It is so comforting to know that good doctors do exist "somewhere out there" ; ) ! My skin tag is bothering me occasionally so maybe I will come to LA to visit you and your GI and CRS !!!
HAPPY HEALING Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 19 Mar 2008, 10:11

Hey Fissy thanks, I am really watching my caffine. Are there any teas that are good but with no caffine?? Just wondering.
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 19 Mar 2008, 12:00

good earth tea is yummy. it's a rooibos tea. Whiteteas are also good and have very little caffine
buttgirl
King Fissure