Carbohydrates

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Carbohydrates

Postby sugarspice » 24 Nov 2013, 10:05

I have to be totally honest now, I am feeling at the end of my tether. Every time I try and introduce a carbohydrate I have a 4 BM, which is painful for my fissure and makes it bleed. When I stick to vegetables (minus potato) fruit and fish I am fine and have 5 BM's. But I'M STARVING! I have two small children to look after, one of which had a stomach bug this weekend and was being sick everywhere poor thing and I can't function because I feel light headed all the time. So I had some potato over the last few days (only at one meal) and guess what?....A 4 BM, which has left me in pain again. I simply can't live like this I need carbohydrates and don't know what to do!!!!

I have tried, oats, oatcakes, spelt bread, wholewheat spelt pasta and potato. Wholemeal bread bulks up my stools too mush as does wholewheat pasta and rice. I tried rye bread and it made me heave.

I eat root veg at dinner time and have a bean soup at lunch time and fruit for breakfast and that is all fine for my BM's but it's not enough.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Carbohydrates

Postby Scientist2516 » 24 Nov 2013, 15:28

Have you tried sweet potatoes? I often bake sweet potatoes just like ordinary potatoes. They bake a lot quicker, they are really delicious and very filling.
What about high calorie desserts like ice cream? I know that doesn't sound healthy, but the rest of your diet sounds really nutritious. Icecream packs a lot of calories.
If you can't tolerate dairy, what about soy or other non-dairy icecream.
Can you eat nuts?
I really hope you get some good suggestions!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Re: Carbohydrates

Postby sugarspice » 24 Nov 2013, 16:00

Thank you Scientist2516 I bought some sweet potatoes this week so I will try them, the consistency is like butternut squash which my BMs are fine with, so fingers crossed! I thought about icecream too, so will try that. Thank you for your help. It looks as though I may have to go with the refined carbs for now.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements