Chronic Anal Fissure

2 months of discomfort

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Chronic Anal Fissure

Postby Helpplz101 » 31 Aug 2022, 23:08

Hello everyone I'm new here

I fell pregnant about 5 months ago and developed severe constipation. Subsequently developed bleeding and was diagnosed with an anal fissure (via digital inspection) 2 months ago.

It's not going away! As soon as I strain the blood comes back. What did you do to heal it? Currently doing:
- salt baths
- wiping with unscented baby wipes
- drinking 2L minimum water a day
- fibre
- using a stepstool and breathing.
I'm limited in medication due to pregnancy, but what do you recommend?

Also, did any of you get mucous discharge with your fissure? Sometimes I see mucous in the stool (at the front or last pieces). My doctor said it can happen when healing starts. Don't have pain anymore during evacuation, just a bit of discomfort shortly after and an itching feeling.

Thanks!
Helpplz101
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Chronic Anal Fissure

Postby Rich44 » 01 Sep 2022, 17:47

If you only have discomfort after a BM, then you are on the right track and I would keep doing what you have been doing as it sounds like you are healing. Just remember even without a fissure you can have similar discomfort after a BM too. Try not to ever strain. Let things take a natural course. Easier said than done, right? Good luck.
Fissure June 2014 - Oct 2020
Botox, skin tag removed - Feb 2015
Levator Ani Sep 2014 - Feb 2016 (left job, cured!)
LIS, skin tags removed - Oct 2020
Fissure 100% healed - Nov 2020
Still healed as of March 2024
Rich44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Helpplz101 » 01 Sep 2022, 17:58

Thank you for your response!
Sometimes I get minor bleeding/small mucous but only discomfort after evacuation. Can it still continue to bleed even while heeling?
Helpplz101
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sirmovicol » 04 Sep 2022, 06:11

Speaking from my own experience blood usually occurs with bms following a tear/ re-tear and as the area heals up there is no longer blood in bms. You need to not strain. If your stools are too hard you could ask your doctor about a stool softener such as macragol; if not appropriate during pregnancy maybe some all natural prune juice will help. Sometime loading up on fibre can worsen constipation; some find their bms are best with minimal fibre/ residue foods. Eat plenty of oil/ fat ( such as a tablespoon of olive oil in the morning) since that fats tends to make stools softer and easier to pass
Sirmovicol