Colonoscopy Delight!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Colonoscopy Delight!

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2007, 14:35

Well, although I didn't have an LIS, I was a bit nervous waiting in the waiting room to get to the part where they take you to another room where they take vitals and get you to change in the fabulous robe...i got two! as the first one exposes my back side and then the second robe covers the back.
that's where i got trapped for an extra hour because the patient before me had complications. i think she didn't complete her bowel prep and made a mess and then she had problems with the anesthesia with vomiting or so.
i was getting scared.....
my doc popped in saying that he apologized for having blood shot eyes this morning because he went out drinking too late last night.....
Image a little doc humor!!!!!
i love my CRS.....
he left and then two other nurses came to get me and they took me to the PURPLE OR! they color code their ORs so it was nice that I got PURPLE. it reminded me of Prince's Purple Rain, Teletubbies TinkieWinkie, and well, PURPLE can be so gay!
:D
so there were like 8 people in the OR waiting for me..... :shock:
the anesthesiologist, whose name was Gloria, asked me to take off my first robe. and then lay on the OR table. :pale:
i was like shit....i wanted to almost run out of there...it was getting to be a bit too much for me....where was my valium????
anyway, i got on the table. then i got my IV started. but no VERSED yet. then i got a finger pulse thingy. and then i got some EKG electrodes stuck on me. then i was asked to turn on my side......
everyone was looking at my ass i am sure!
then i got a little oxygen thingy to put under my nose. and then Gloria asked me if I could feel the VERSED and in a few seconds, i did. it was like almost being on a waterbed....something soothing yet something wavy and elevating.
and pretty soon, without knowing exactly when, i went to la-la land......
later i woke up in another room in my bed without IV. and when i woke up, it was like i had a good night's rest and as if i never took any drugs. i was clear. i was conscious.
and then i started to cry.
i cried and i cried. tears of happiness. tears of joy that i made it through. and that i was okay. the nurse asked me if i was okay and i just told her that i was crying because i was happy.
the doctor just walked by and waved and said that everything looked normal.
no polyps to be found.
no diagnosis of IBS or anything else.
no hemmys that need cutting off.
no out of control HPV.
no cancer.
just a nice healthy colon!
:cheer:
and he told my other half that the fissure will do well on its own. no LIS needed and that i need to stop worrying....
but i am just a worrier!!!!!
yes i need to stop worrying.....
i wish i could go car shopping and buy myself a nice new blue acura TSX or a glacier blue honda CRV with navi, or a nice new VW passat wagon 2.0T package 2, or a 4 dr VW GTI with navi or an audi A3.
i want them all.....
i feel after being thru all this, i deserve a new car.....
but really, i am just thankful that God was with me all through this...i could feel it. even when i was really worried and stressed out when i walked into that OR. it was magical that the anesthesiologist's name was Gloria. i found so much comfort in that.......
hugs to all,
gareth
ps i could do the bowel prep every weekend. it really wasn't the worst part at all. the worst part was walking into the OR not really knowing anything.
but now that i know, i would be happy to do it all over again if it meant that i got the same results.....
on to healing my fissure now...... Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: Colonoscopy Delight!

Postby small_flower » 26 Feb 2007, 15:41

Congratulations Gareth!
See? Its not that bad. I couldn't have said that before hand, because when it was happening to me and people told me that I usually thought...yea...easy for you to say.
I am glad that everything is well and healthy. No LIS? Thats even better news, although I wouldn't count on your doctors words 100%. My first CRS told me i wouldnt need surgery, and what did I end up doing? Having surgery. Still its reassuring and I am sure if you take really good care of yourself, you can heal it up.
I am glad that you are well.
(((hug)))
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Feb 2007, 16:21

:cheer: Image
:D :D :D :cheer:
:cheer: Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

YOU DA MAN

PROUD OF YOU, GUY...I'M BEAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to go drink a beer in honor of Gareth's clear ass!:drunk:
:drunk: Image :drunk: Image
No Kidding!! I'm fissure-free (?) I can handle it :der:

Image Image Image Image

Now, dude, go find something else to worry about, like the price of a new car!

Hugh :geek:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007, 19:44

well done im so glad the results were good and that u got through it ok. sounds like the nurses and everyone there were really good. my first colonoscopy was a nightmare. they didnt sedate me right and i felt everything then they got the camera stuck-oh it was horrid. but the second one was very much as u described, i cant remember much except waking up in a lot of pain and having to have a drip. im so glad u have no signs of anything bad in ur colon well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your right u do deserve a new car :D
:cheer: :cheer:

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2007, 20:27

thank you grace, hugh (not), and kate....
it's nite time....
i went to my acupuncturist appt at 5 pm and it was wonderful. today i was like their pin cushion as i got like 5 needles in my skull, a few on my chest and stomach and the rest on my arms and legs. it was a nice relaxing appt.
i've been going to the bathroom a lot, like early to late afternoon.
my fissure feels back to normal now. all the irritation of the weekend and last week, it's kinda getting back to his good graces.
now in additional to macrobiotics, i am going to take up qi gong.
i want a new life moving forward.......
i need to take care of my body like a temple.....it's so true what they say.....or at least it's written in the bible.
my car should be ready thursday from the collision center and i am sure i will be happy with him. i hope that it will be in great condition that i won't need to buy a new car and that i can pay it off and simply just enjoy it. although, i am very tempted to just be safe and trade in my VW for a trusty new honda CRV. my VW hasn't given me much grief but next year it will be out of warranty and well, who knows...........
anyway, its good to be healthy!
and when i am not completely healthy, i have to do my best to try to understand what my body is trying to tell me.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007, 21:02

Congrats on the clean bill of health-that is awesome!Image

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007, 22:46

YAY Gareth - I was thinking of you today and am SO glad to hear everything went so well. Congrats!
Robin

Postby Cheryl » 02 Mar 2007, 05:39

happyass wrote:ps i could do the bowel prep every weekend. it really wasn't the worst part at all. the worst part was walking into the OR not really knowing anything.

Awww Gareth, this is my favourite bit of your story, that made me laugh a bit and remember my time!! I waitied for 6 stupid years to get surgery, and it was truly a piece of cake... the fear of the unknown is what will stress us the most... do you know why that is why i made this forum... to tell people about stuff so they wernt in the dark and didnt have to stress!!
I am so glad for you, i even have a little happy tear too!! Well done babe, you are just going to recover even quicker now that you are in a positive frame of mind and have nothing to worry about!
:cheer: Go Gareth Image Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22