Could this be my cure??

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Could this be my cure??

Postby England » 25 Oct 2013, 12:15

I've suffered from AF for approx 10 years mostly off but sometimes months at a time. My current one I have had has been since August.

I'm seeing a CRS and am being booked in for Botox. GNT and Diltiazem did nothing for me.

Being anxious of surgery (yes I count Botox as surgery seen as it will be under general anasthetic), I have embarked on a mission to self cure. Call it a last ditch attempt before my surgery in a fortnight.

I still take my lactulose and fibre supplements, but have gone on a liquid diet for the past 72 hours. That includes soup, lentils, yogurts, smoothies, orange juice. And the odd dried prune and satsuma. I absolutely love my food and this has killed me .....and Im invited to two weddings this weekend !!!!

So far I have had 3 BM without any significant pain.

Whilst I have had false dawns in the past, and don't want to count my chickens .... What do you think?
England
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Could this be my cure??

Postby Savaici » 25 Oct 2013, 13:36

I've not had surgery or botox, but I have tried every diet trick in the book (or that is how it feels).

I have lived through this, through the terrible spasms that I used to have, to where I am now, which is at a 3/10 pain level every day, and periodic blood episodes. I have had weeks where I changed my diet, and things improved for a few days, only to go back to the same old same old again. If I had the resources, I would go with having some sort of surgery done (if you're fissure is still active then LIS) to improve my rear end and make going to the loo not the huge occasion of my day that it is now.

If this continues to improve for you - 72 hours is not long in the life of us fissure soldiers - then I would think twice about Botox. Not 100% sure, but I would describe Botox as putting a plaster (band-aid) on it and a fair percentage land up having LIS. Also, depending on your susceptibility, Botox can bring on hemorrhoids. Good to read what others on here have said about Botox, with the search facility which works very well.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 25 Oct 2013, 14:57

Hey England

Yeah that liquid diet "worked" for me during my many recurrences with
fissures. I too would stay on it for a few days to give my fissure a
chance to heal.

It wasn't a cure though a those monster would always come back. That
is until I made a decided change in my regular diet and habits. Perhaps that's
all it will take for you also to beat those fish.

This whole process of figuring what works best can take the longest
that's what makes AF so insidious. So learn all you can as soon as you
can.

Hopefully those "2 weddings" will not set you back any if you're
staying for the receptions.

GL to you...
Deleted User 2950

Postby England » 25 Oct 2013, 16:41

You're right. Fibre water fibre water for me from now on. If this fixes, ill do my best to ensure life style changes that will prevent a repeat episode.

One day at a time.
England
Fibre Addict

Postby England » 16 Nov 2013, 18:02

Still doing well some 7 weeks later. Took my son football training this morning and had a warm up beforehand. Last time I took a little stool and sat throughout ... <}

I recommend a strict liquid diet for a few days too u all. Accompanied with stool softness and fibre supplements
England
Fibre Addict