Crohns colitis and fissures

Fissures - allergy to meds?

Do you suffer from Crohn's/Colitis or IBS. If you are looking for info on how to deal with an anal fissure with these ailments, or just wanting to share your experiences, then this is the place.

Return to Crohn's/Colitis & IBS

Re: Crohns colitis and fissures

Postby msimon » 03 Nov 2014, 03:26

Hi Suggi, I am wondering what you mean by prolapse on one side. Do you mean like tissue (hemorrhoids) or muscle is weak. How can you only have it on one side (confused)? Yes, kegels with a fissure are not fun indeed! Sorry to hear you have had to go through cancer. Even more sorry to hear this is worse yet for you. Hope it turns around real soon. Hope your CRS is a nice and also very good surgeon.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby suggi » 04 Nov 2014, 15:17

Yes, I think that is what it is - the muscle is weak on the right side and that is where it starts protrubing. Sometimes hubby checks me before getting washed so I don't get soap on my insides that are outside if you know what I mean. When I was kegeling a lot he had said he did not see anything but now that I have not been doing it he has seen it again so before I get in the shower I do kegel, sore and all and hope for the best.

At this point I am scared stiff that it is the crohns colitis that has moved to the rectal area from above in the sigmoid colon and that had been healed for quite a while. Oh how I wish my GI doc did not retire - I need his rigid sigmoidoscopy. He said he really did not want to retire but was leaving because of Obamacare and I also lost my endochronologist because of that. Hard to start over with new docs. I thought the GI thing would be OK as when he left I had no inflammation, no nothing and was doing well and boy what a difference a few months can make.
suggi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby msimon » 04 Nov 2014, 19:27

Oh Suggi, that is tough. Up here in Canada I was really wondering how Obamacare was going to work out. Sure everyone has healthcare covered here but we have such a shortage of Doctors and really long wait times. It sucks.

I know what you mean about it being tough to change Doctors. I was going to one for pelvic floor muscle injections (botox) for 5 years when she decided to quit seeing me. I know it would have helped me heal my fissure and it took me so long to get in to see another Doc for the injections and she does them very differently I just can't get relief for my severe chronic pain :cry: . Actually everything I have done for the last year has made the fissure worse I just don't know what to do anymore.

I hope so much that your Crohn's has not spread. Hopefully it is something else that is easily treated. :hugs:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby suggi » 05 Nov 2014, 00:57

Im so sorry msimon - I know how awfully painful fissures can be. Mine got infected once and spread to the front tissues before it was caught and I was on heavy duty antibiotics.....pain, pain, pain. How could your doctor have the nerve to quit seeing you? Isn't that against their code of ethics? Although probably that is what is going to happen to me soon with this new GI doc - I can see the frustration with the allergies.

Is it the same doctor that gave you the fissure in the first place in 2013? Just stay on the lookout for infection as the doctors just say "oh, it is not usual for a fissure to get infected". That is what happened to me and why it was not caught right away. It was only when I went to my PCP when I could not stand the pain in the front area and he took a look and saw how swollen the tissues were and then did a rectal exam and I was completely swollen in the fissure area. Sometimes you know your own body better than they can diagnose. It was easier to see your doctor back then - not so easy to get in now anymore. It is hard to tell the difference in the back area if you are in constant pain but be aware of the front area if you start off by getting slight shooting pains there - that was my first sign but I tried to ignore it.

Hugs and kisses to you
suggi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4