Daily itchy and irritation, almost 2 months post-lis surgery

Starting to lose faith

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Daily itchy and irritation, almost 2 months post-lis surgery

Postby joneskevin1582 » 06 Dec 2020, 14:30

I had LIS surgery done in mid-October. I have had a rough recovery since then. It is currently almost two months post-LIS, and I am still having itchy and uncomfortableness/irritation on a daily basis. My fissure was somewhat mild, however more conservative approaches like ointments/creams and botox did not fully heal me. I have not had pain like I did pre-op since my surgery, which is the good news, however that pain has been replaced with itchyness and irritation, which is just as distracting and anxiety-provoking as my pain pre-surgery was. I am starting to lose faith that this itchyness and irritation will go away. I have read extensively online and through this forum and others, and I know that it takes a while to heal and everyone is different and all that, however it seems like the past three weeks, I have some good days and some bad days and I don't really get any better overall. Has anyone had a similar experience? Sorry this is very disorganized, I get very frustrated and angry and I can't collect my thoughts in a way that is easy to understand. I am at my wits end today, I had to leave work after only being there 2 hours (I was scheduled for 7, and typically have no issues at all with shifts like that), moreso because my anxiety and frustration was getting to me, rather than that the itchyness was too much to deal with, but it just feels like every decision I make regarding this helps me a little bit and then hurts just as much and then I am back to square one. Thank you in advance for any advice.
joneskevin1582

Topics: 1

Re: Daily itchy and irritation, almost 2 months post-lis sur

Postby chachacha » 06 Dec 2020, 21:10

Have you asked your surgeon, or even your GP about what is causing the itchiness? And how to treat it? That would be my first step.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby joneskevin1582 » 08 Dec 2020, 11:44

I went to my surgeon about 3 weeks ago, he basically just said it needs more time to heal completely and he gave me a pamphlet on anal itching which didn't help at all.
joneskevin1582

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 08 Dec 2020, 11:59

I would call them and give them an update. They should at least be able to tell you what to do to alleviate the itching, and tell them that the pamphlet's advise wasn't satisfactory.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19