dead sea

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

dead sea

Postby robert » 19 Jul 2011, 16:00

I'm new here and have only 7 wk old fissure. (only). Was wondering if anyone heard of the Dead Sea helping the fissure? to cure it? for the pain?
robert

Topics: 1

Re: dead sea

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2011, 16:23

Hey Robert,
I've never heard of Dead Sea. Have you tried one of the ointments(Diltiazem, Nitro, nifedipine) prescribed for fissures? They can help increase the blood flow and help relax the sphincter which can help the fissure to heal or at the least give some relief.

Postby soredownunder » 19 Jul 2011, 18:30

i don't suppose Robert means the actual sea known as the Dead Sea. It is known for its high salt content making it very easy to float in. Kind of a salt bath maybe in which case you could just have a salt sitz bath at home. Lot less travelling. Apologies if I'm on the wrong track about what he meant
soredownunder
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 19 Jul 2011, 22:59

DUH-
It didn't occur to me that he meant ocean(salt) water as in the Dead Sea. I was thinking there must be a new ointment I've never heard about...LOL
Thanks soredownunder! I feel like a real idiot :oops:
Robert,
Many folks on here have had the Epsom salt baths. I don't recall anyone soaking in the Dead Sea or hearing of Salt water healing a fissure though...

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here