Decided to have a look & now I'm confused...

A sub-forum to talk about what our fissures, etc., leave behind. Tags, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. This is the place!

Return to Anal Skin Tag/Sentinel Pile

Decided to have a look & now I'm confused...

Postby ouch_88 » 18 Apr 2017, 03:47

So I'm about 6 months into my fissure journey and last night I finally decided to use a mirror to have a look down there (I'd been putting it off as I thought looking at it would only give me anxiety and make things worse). The doctor tells me it looks healed. But I do still get occasional pain. It feels like my fissure was off to the side, which I know is less common. It also feels like as it's healed I've got pain in other areas, like a tightness around my whole sphincter, I guess this may just be other small fissures appearing or scar tissue. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I had a look and was pleasantly surprised that nothing looked too abnormal down there. As I'm sure you all know it's rather difficult to get a good look and I didn't want to pull my skin too much and cause further damage. But to me things looked a healthy shade of pink. However, one thing I did notice as I pulled things apart carefully, was a small soft looking lump, very small, maybe half the size of a pea. Not hanging off anything but more like a tiny bulge at the opening. Not sore to touch and not an odd colour but noticeable. Strangely though it was at the 12 o clock position (closest to my vagina) and I haven't had any odd sensations there before. I'm wondering if it's a skin tag, is it possible to get skin tags/sentinel piles in a different area to where the fissure actually was? :dunno:
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Decided to have a look & now I'm confused...

Postby Buttercup » 19 Apr 2017, 08:10

It's good to hear that you have healed well, nice to hear some positive after just finding this group! I have noticed a simular thing and been told it's a skin tag. I don't feel like it is thought as it's soft and squishy. It was kinda to one side. I notice when wiping. It's gotten bigger as well. I first noticed when I was 6m pregnant but that was about 2 years ago. I feel like it could be related to AF. Sounds very simular to what I have. Iv been to by camera exam I have no hemriods. Will you go to doctors to ask to our yor mind at rest?
Buttercup
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby ouch_88 » 19 Apr 2017, 11:56

Hi Buttercup, I've been having regular visits to the doctor since the first appearance of my fissure but it's only now I decided to have a proper look down there myself. I had an appointment about a month ago and the doc said everything looked like it was healing well, but I explained I still have pain there. I'll probably leave it another few weeks before going back for another check up. It's been a long, slow process but I'm hoping I continue to move in the right direction!!
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Postby Buttercup » 20 Apr 2017, 09:30

It's good you've been seeing your doctor regularly. It all sounds pretty positive and like it's healing. If your still getting pain there in a couple of weeks talk to them again. Maybe they can confirm that its a skin tag. It sounds like a long slow process for us all. Wish you well!
Buttercup
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby zinnia » 21 Apr 2017, 18:01

I also have a small bump but at my surgery site. I posted under fistula but no response! I saw doctor for two week post op and he said nothing other than stop worrying..... but it is tender and THERE. I worry that it could be another abscess....
I also have skin tags.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby ouch_88 » 23 Apr 2017, 16:19

Hi zinnia, although I've not had surgery I can totally relate to your worries. It's really hard trying to make sense of everything that's going on down there sometimes :( Sending you healing vibes!
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Postby ouch_88 » 09 May 2017, 11:21

A quick update -
I had another look down there a few days ago and I've convinced myself the tiny lump has got bigger and is beginning to look like a hemmy. Still experiencing burning pain and tightness too, hoping I'm still on the road to recovery albeit with many obstacles along the way!! Going to make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow so I'll post another update soon...
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Postby ouch_88 » 10 May 2017, 11:43

So I saw the doctor this afternoon. She had a good look down there and felt all around inside. She said she could not see or feel anything. Interestingly, the doctor has it in her notes that my fissure was 12 o clock position, I was convinced it was more around the 6 o clock position. Maybe it was at 12 o clock all along and I've just been feeling the pain elsewhere for some reason? That may explain the wee skin tag I can see at 12 o clock. Either way she says everything looks fine. Maybe it's just taking a long time for the nerves to settle down and that's why I can still feel pain. I'm going to try and stop focusing on it so much and try to get on with my life in the hope my bottom will eventually feel normal again!!
ouch_88
Fibre Addict