Discouraged after seeing blood.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Discouraged after seeing blood.

Postby Raul » 25 Nov 2008, 16:19

Well, today I had a streak of blood in my moist towelette. Image
In the morning I had to go and sat down for my normal routine, but the stool did not want to come out. I remembered not to strain or push. So it stayed there. When I got up, a small tip of poo fell to the toilet, and alas it had blood.
I felt deeply distraught, since I had not bled for about a week.
I did not feel any pain, nor had a spasm, but the sight of blood was all I needed to become discouraged.
I know that blood is not a good sign, but does anyone know if it's part of the fissure's healing process?
Did anyone else have a recurrence of blood after it had stopped?
Raul
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Discouraged after seeing blood.

Postby happyass » 25 Nov 2008, 16:36

if men had a period, it would be just as you described!!!! along with a piece of poo Image Image
i wouldn't necessarily be discouraged raul. sometimes these things just happen in the healing process as well.
even the tiniest of poos can create little sprinkles of blood yet we as anal fissure sufferers may not feel a thing going on.
however, i do keep reading in your posts how you do keep hanging around sitting on the toilet despite not being able to let the poo come out on its own. question - do you go to the toilet because you feel you need to go to the toilet due to the poo making its way out or do you go to the toilet because you expect at a certain time in the day to be able to go and make something happen?
one of the hard parts of healing from an anal fissure is when to go the toilet - and mostly it should be when your bottom is telling you that it needs to expel something or you just feel movements in your tummy that you can't hold any longer.
part of the difficulty is when you are trapped, feeling and remembering the pain of your last bm and the agony of the fissure still active that you postpone the poo.
big mistake.
i guess what i am trying to say here is that there is a delicate balance of really knowing when to go in as much as your body will produce a bm with little to no work or simply sitting on the toilet with no production of a bm in sight.....
even five minutes is way too long!
i have confidence that you will get 100% and i wouldn't be too concerned at the sight of this blood. however, if you keep seeing blood for a month around the clock - even two weeks, then i would get an opinion from a CRS pronto. just to be safe and rule out something more dangerous.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby cherylk » 25 Nov 2008, 17:16

Raul,
I had some blood one day last week when a little constipated. I think it happens from time to time. The key is to not be obssessed by it, and oftentimes it will pass. I think the area down there will most likely be sensitive for quite some time.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 26 Nov 2008, 02:59

Raul
I saw my CRS 3 weeks ago and he told me my fissure was only 3mm then, gave me my third Botox - and I still experience blood weekly. I wouldn't be dicouraged by it, pain and discomfort during the day is worse I think....
Good luck!!
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 26 Nov 2008, 04:12

Hoping today is a better day Raul !

Postby cherylk » 26 Nov 2008, 06:45

Corsi,
Another great avatar! Is that the Taj Mahal and if so, where is it located??
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Corsi » 26 Nov 2008, 09:27

It is Taj Mahal....it's for our Pinky, she's going to India soon. I's located In India.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal
How are you Cheryl?
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 26 Nov 2008, 09:35

Corsi,
I guessed correctly and am very proud of myself!! :D I have been doing pretty well lately. I think the benefiber is helping my digestive system as well as the line and tap dancing I have been doing. I think you should be a photographer. I love the great pictures you put in your avatar. How have you been doing?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Corsi » 26 Nov 2008, 09:57

Cheryl, I haven't taken the pictures (except the Eiffel Tower picture), I find them on the Internet...or rather I borrow them :)
I'll send you a mail...
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby SunshineHope » 26 Nov 2008, 18:41

Raul, blood can indeed be very discouraging, but I don't think it's always a sign of a re-tear. I think it is natural for fissures to bleed slightly every now and then, and I have even read of people post-LIS who saw slight spotting even a while after getting LIS (while they experienced no pain). I would be afraid if I see a huge amount of dark red blood that accompanied some sharp pain. That happened to me once about a month and a half ago, and I knew something had re-torn, because it wasn't just a streak of blood - it was a LOT of blood. Was yours just a small streak of blood? Was it deep red? I hope you feel better soon.
Corsi & Cheryl, I've been to the Taj Mahal before. It has this beautiful, eery feeling to it. I lost a bunch of my pictures when my old computer caught a virus, but I may try and see if I have any left. Doubt it though. I wonder if Pinky will visit it this time.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38