Do I have hemorrhoids or anal cancer?

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Do I have hemorrhoids or anal cancer?

Postby khemphill » 16 Jan 2014, 05:21

About 2-3 months ago, there was bright red blood on the toilet paper and it stung. I thought it was an anal fissure. And for the past month I have had small, grey lumps on my anus, which my mother thinks are hemorrhoids. They don't go away no matter what I try. I booked a doctor's appointment for next week, but I'm freaking out. What do you think? (Female, 18)
khemphill
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Do I have hemorrhoids or anal cancer?

Postby LostForWords » 16 Jan 2014, 07:57

Anal cancer is a rare condition and the fact that you are only 18 makes it even less likely that you have anal cancer - or any kind of cancer for that matter (but of course it can happen). You shouldn´t worry about that unless you are diagnosed with it by a professional which I really doubt is going to happen, at least not for the next 30 years to come ;)

If you are sexually active and had unprocted sex in the past then it could be due to some kind of STD.
The gray lumps that you describe sounds like anal warts to me which is a symptom of some STDs.

For futher information you can search on google. Try "Anal warts" and/or "Condyloma acuminata"
LostForWords
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Do I have hemorrhoids or anal cancer?

Postby khemphill » 16 Jan 2014, 12:22

Thanks for reply. I'm a virgin so it can't be an STD... :D
khemphill
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4