Dried fruits !

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Dried fruits !

Postby Val76 » 17 Sep 2011, 09:53

Hi there,
dried fruits also working well to have a smooth bm.
I tried prunes, figues and apricots...but prefer figues and apricots.
Everybody has to find out what works better for himself....but I can really recommend them!
(Of course it is important to drink a lot of water as well).
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Dried fruits !

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Sep 2011, 11:07

Hello Val76 Image
Isn't it funny that physiologically, we are the same but, when it comes to different meds, foods etc..we differ??!! Go figure?? I tried the died fruits in the beginning, I read that especially eating (lets say, the skin outside an apple) gives u much more fibre and hence helps with bowel movements! I found the opposite for me? The dried fruits were more difficult to pass. But, also know that at that time I was taking "fibergel" then stopped and just ate the more fruits and dried variety. These combined made my bms even larger!! ( I now know that it was because I wasn't drinking enough water!) I find it difficult to just drink water all day and nothing else. My Crs told me yesterday to cut out Coffee or at least have de-caff. Cut out alcohol completely, cigarettes (am an ex-smoker anyway,) & all spicy foods. Hope this helps someone??
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Dried fruits !

Postby Val76 » 19 Sep 2011, 08:58

Hello Andrea,
I know....it is really strange and make things more complicated. It is very important to drink a lot of water with dried fruits etc.....otherwise happens the opposite ! I had to find out also the amount (more or less) that works well for me. When I take too much fibres, dried fruits etc. gives me large stools....I also take Lactulose, because it makes the stool more smooth, but not large. Sometimes I think it is so ridicolous (don`t know how to write it...school english !) what we have to go through with this problem: to do bms in a "special size"....it is really not easy !!!
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements