Fibersure

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fibersure

Postby small_flower » 26 Feb 2007, 16:02

Hey folks!
I tried out the new fibersure powder instead of the metamucil stuff after surgery, and it is great!!! I put it in juice usually and its tasteless and it isnt gritty, just like it says on the bottle. Its 5 grams of fiber per tsp. My only recommendation is to not put it in anything carbonated. I did that last night, and it sort of exploded on me. Lol. If you are looking for a good fiber supplement though, thats a great one. I am going to fix myself a glass right now actually.
cheers Image
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Fibersure

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2007, 20:29

i saw a commercial for it last night....
you can put it in your food too...like oatmeal, in what you are baking, etc.
for another great natural ingredient to add at any time - if you are not wheat intolerant - is wheat germ to your cereal, baked goods, etc. on a daily basis. it has a nice kick and will give you some fiber.
if you don't have your bran buds yet kate, i swear by them. if you like grape nuts, they kinda remind of that. with some yummy fresh berries and some soy/rice/grain milk......delish!
enjoy!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007, 20:45

Is this fibersure stuff insoluble or soluble fiber? My husband swears by Konsyl. He puts this fiber is his smoothies but it thickens the liquid pretty quickly so you have to drink it pretty fast.
I use stevia on my bran buds to give them a bit more taste. Gareth, do you know if stevia can cause loose bowels at all? I have just started using it this month and it seems like it may have a slight laxative effect? Is that possible or likely not related?
Thanks!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2007, 04:51

hey everyone :hi:
I use Benefibre. White fine powder, gritless & tasteless and its not bad
I dont use Metamucil (i read somewhere that it isnt as good for you as its made out to be)

Postby Cheryl » 02 Mar 2007, 05:28

MzStressball wrote:hey everyone :hi:
I use Benefibre. White fine powder, gritless & tasteless and its not bad
I dont use Metamucil (i read somewhere that it isnt as good for you as its made out to be)

I have been using metamucil, but looked at Benefibre yesterday..
I thought MM was good because it was the natural pysillum powder.. when i checked one of the ingredients of the Benefibre it said hydrolyzed guar gum - i wondered what the heck that was and put it down... I have since read up and seen it is probably not all that bad... check this out:
http://www.benefiber.com/fiberHealth/index.shtml?faqs#question1
I only take 1 spoon of metamucil at night now, (heaps less than i used to !) so i think ill stick with it!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby happyass » 03 Mar 2007, 06:38

well, coming from the book of macrobiotics, anything that is over the counter and not made from natural ingredients may not be the best thing to put in your body.
however, sometimes we need to make decisions to seek over the counter help in order to get us across the bridge to a new world without fissures Image
i think it is a good question to ask: why do you take these over the counter fiber supplements and/or other added products? where is it in your diet that you are not getting these things naturally or from a much better improved source?
as long as you have your goal of eventually not seeking the aid of these OTC fiber supplements as you make the transition to getting your fiber and other goodness from natural foods, then it's a path well worth being on.
i know we are all different and we all need to seek our way through this.
i just hope that in your end goal in addition to getting rid of the fissure, you get rid of these OTC items and replace them with meals/foods that provide you all the goodness you need Image
little steps.....
lecia, i will have to check on stevia as i am not familiar with it.
and the guar gum is like in everything it seems......i thought it was a bad ingredient but it does come from natural sources and was referenced in the macrobiotic readings.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements