First time poster, chronic fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

First time poster, chronic fissure

Postby trieditall » 26 Nov 2012, 05:59

Hello,
I am a 25 year old female, suffering from a chronic fissure for almost 2 years on and off. When it was new, it would heal and then re-open... now it is just "on" since about August, so about 4 months with no relief. I feel like I've tried it all.. baths twice a day (one immediately after BM), vaseline before BM, doctor prescribed creams, Dr. Wheatgrass cream, moist wipes... no one thing has shown improvement and the combination isn't even really helping. I am desperate. I went to a colorectal surgeon. He did a colonoscopy due to strong family history of cancer. Nothing was found, just the fissure. After the colonoscopy and getting a better look at it, he suggested a fissurectomy and botox injection. I called the office to schedule and happened to ask how long I would expect to be out of work.... the woman told me plan on 4 weeks. I had no idea. I simply cannot miss that amount of work! I am wondering if that is accurate based on any one else's experiences? And if it takes that long, is it at least effective? I can't get my doctor to return my calls to answer these questions, and I am DESPERATE for another solution rather than surgery. Any advice is helpful at this point.
Oh and by the way.... fissure is MUCH worse since the colonoscopy when he looked at it with a scope. I can see the fissure... it's near the outside and it is probably 3 times bigger since that happened two weeks ago.
trieditall
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: First time poster, chronic fissure

Postby 3 years now » 26 Nov 2012, 09:13

change what you have been doing. My colorectal doc says this about fissures:
keep it DRY, no long baths, eat bland food, no coffee, chocolate, spices, acid or alcohol. His opinion differs from most, but following these rules has helped me.
Also, take 1 tbsp pure virgin coconut oil twice a day, drink it down with a bit of juice. Also, the oil is healing down there, apply after every bm, it helps heal.
Give it a shot, my fissure of 4 years is still there, but very manageable now, I can live with it. Surgery should be your very last option.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: First time poster, chronic fissure

Postby ng51guy » 28 Nov 2012, 06:20

Hi trieditall
Im new the forum after looking for answers after a very painfull flare up recently.
like you I tried everything and nothing seemed to work, and on top of that i started getting constipated no matter what i eat.?? which totally made it worse.I think that zinc oxide suppositorys I used some how caused me to be constipated, Im not 100% sure of this, I wonder what other think on this subject.
Ok well Iv found that using lactolose 25ml a day has completely softened my stools to the point that I,m having no more pain or blood at all when i have a bm. Have you tried it yet, you can bye it over the counter with out presciption In uk for Ј5 for 500ml . Give it a try !
ng51guy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2