Fissure relief

Relief for fissures

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure relief

Postby Whtmustangt99 » 07 May 2017, 12:48

Thnkfully i found this forum with so much usefull informtion

I have been using witch hazel, an anti burn/antibacterial spray and witch hazel wipes, that seems to help quite a bit with the burning, the real issue I am having I believe is more related to the spasms. It's just a very sore feeling and after going to the bathroom it's excruciating for about 30 minutes and then seems to level off to a moderate pain that seems to just linger indefinitely.

I am taking stool softeners, magnesium supplements, cutting back my eating and trying to add in more veggies and things. The l think the consistency is good, the last few bm's have been much softer and did not feel like they were doing any additional damage. I just cannot seem to get away from the soreness.

Any suggestions on what could be done? This has been going on for several weeks. I didn't take it too seriously at first as the pain was bearable and quite embarrassing but over the past week or
Two I have been serious about eating and trying to get relief. I am about to go make a dr appointment but hate to waste the time and money if they are going to send me away with otc meds
Whtmustangt99

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure relief

Postby Bum_UK » 07 May 2017, 13:49

Ask for diltiazem cream or similar when you see the Dr. That'll relax the muscle and will provide relief from the spasms with in a few weeks. Or even quicker if you're one of the lucky ones.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things. I hope you feel better soon!
Bum_UK
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Whtmustangt99 » 07 May 2017, 18:06

I feel like I may be on the upswing. I was having the common sounding issue of continuing to pass large stools which kept tearing more. Wish I would have taken it serious from the get go. Instead I took Imodium so I wouldn't go for a day or two and let the would heal. That didn't quite work out as I hoped lol.
Whtmustangt99

Topics: 1

Postby Jamesscott96 » 08 May 2017, 03:08

Whtmustangt99 wrote:Thnkfully i found this forum with so much usefull informtion

I have been using witch hazel, an anti burn/antibacterial spray and witch hazel wipes, that seems to help quite a bit with the burning, the real issue I am having I believe is more related to the spasms. It's just a very sore feeling and after going to the bathroom it's excruciating for about 30 minutes and then seems to level off to a moderate pain that seems to just linger indefinitely.

I am taking stool softeners, magnesium supplements, cutting back my eating and trying to add in more veggies and things. The l think the consistency is good, the last few bm's have been much softer and did not feel like they were doing any additional damage. I just cannot seem to get away from the soreness.

Any suggestions on what could be done? This has been going on for several weeks. I didn't take it too seriously at first as the pain was bearable and quite embarrassing but over the past week or
Two I have been serious about eating and trying to get relief. I am about to go make a dr appointment but hate to waste the time and money if they are going to send me away with otc meds

hey dude spasms , tell me about it .. sometimes at night would feel like a actual heartbeat... then others weird tingle everywhere almost tickling , i had same pain as you about 2 weeks back maybe 3
try getting ahold of some gabepentin that should do trick , or help you out enough to live a normal(ish) day if not try pregablin but idk what its like for af pain , gabepentin i know for fact they are only things that help me , i have been on them a long time tho so am on (bad day 8 x300mg ) okish day (6x300) but only after bm dont think i even need them for sleeping anymore as that tingle feel is going away hellishly slow
Jamesscott96
Salt Bather

Topics: 13