Fissurectomy and reoccurrence

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby imsaikumar » 11 May 2016, 22:02

Hi All,
I had fissurectomy done on 12th March... Tough the 1st week was horrible after that I had no pain or bleeding for 3-4 weeks at fissure area(I guess its because of the the stitch on the fissure),after the stitch has gone I have been noticing little blood at the fissure area....Can anyone please let me know if it is common since it's been 2 months of surgery.... I am still confused whether the surgery has failed. :(

Thanks
imsaikumar

Topics: 1

Re: Fissurectomy and reoccurrence

Postby Canadabum » 15 May 2016, 21:08

hey there -- welcome to the forum. Great questions -- I have not had a fissurectomy so keep asking and someone who has had one will chime in. Having read a number of posts from people who have gone through the procedure it is clear to me that everyone heals on their own schedule -- some super fast and some slow. A little blood from the area does not necessarily mean it did not work -- sounds like your pain is gone which is great! I would highly recommend you go back to your Doctor who performed the procedure for a follow up consult -- they will be able to give you the best advice on how it is healing/progressing.
Best - Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19