Fissurectomy reopened

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissurectomy reopened

Postby CJOV2002 » 10 Aug 2012, 16:56

I had a fissurectomy and large skin tag removed last month. My stitches came out about a week after surgery and I thought I was healed up, except for noticing 2 small what look like tags on each side of the incision. But a few days ago I noticed blood, and when I looked I was shocked to see the incision open about the size of a pencil eraser and can see raw skin through the opening! Has anyone else had this happen, and what was done to correct it ?
CJOV2002

Topics: 1

Re: Fissurectomy reopened

Postby Neen » 11 Aug 2012, 16:31

I would call your surgeon and find out...
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby CJOV2002 » 11 Aug 2012, 18:05

I have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. I'm afraid it's going to have to be done again
CJOV2002

Postby Savaici » 12 Aug 2012, 13:17

Hi, CJOV2002,
Sorry you are worrying, and quite understandable. We all go through our own little part of hell with this. Much better that you have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday, than you sit and worry about it. Will be thinking of you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Whatever » 05 Dec 2012, 10:59

After 4 wks and doing really well, my partial fissurectomy split at one end about 1/8 inch and really hurt! I still have a seton in for last 10%. I was lifting a heavy box for work and so unexpected any more problems. I soaked in epsom salts immediately and it helped. Surgeon said to go back to the 2-3 baths a day etc. and lidocaine, not to really worry unless gets worse. He said it happens sometimes and scar tissue just has to get thicker- ugh- thought I was doing so good too.....hope this helps you-I was so scared when it first happened.
Whatever
Fibre Addict