Flaxseed/Aloe Vera - bottle or capsule form?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Flaxseed/Aloe Vera - bottle or capsule form?

Postby val » 16 Oct 2007, 03:33

between flaxseed oil in a bottle and aloe vera in a bottle and the same thing in capsule form. I think flax oil is THE most disgusting thing ever, especially this last bottle I've got(even though it's the same brand as usual from the same place)
Because the aloe and flax oil are working though, I didn't know if they would still work if taken as a supplement Image
Also, the acidophilos I've got has to be kept in the fridge. Some of them don't but which ones are best?
thanks!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Re: Flaxseed/Aloe Vera - bottle or capsule form?

Postby val » 16 Oct 2007, 03:35

Sorry, also forgot to ask.. someone I know mentioned something called slippery elm(think that's right!)
Anyone tried it or know if it helps?
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2007, 07:02

I take my flaxseed oil in capsule form. Is that possible for you to do, Val?
I'll have to research the slippery elm.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2007, 08:29

I take Flaxseed oil and Aloe Vera in capsules. I do use flaxseed oil as a dressing for my vegetables and like the taste but I wouldn't want to drink it straight.
I don't know anything about slippery elm either. Anyone else know? I am eager to learn!

Postby juney » 16 Oct 2007, 09:55

i take flaxseed oil in capsule form and i drink liquid aloe vera. the brand i get from a vitamin superstore has no taste at all. it's basically like drinking water. i drink 1/4 cup twice a day
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2007, 10:14

I am just surprised you taste it at all if it's in a capsule.
Image Image Now Val, stop chewing on that capsule!! Image Image
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 17 Oct 2007, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 16 Oct 2007, 10:32

I think the main difference between the two would be that the dose from the bottle would be larger. Imagine taking enough capsules to equal a real Tablespoon.

Slippery Elm bark is just what it sounds like--bark from a paarticular species of elm, which is native to the middle of this continent (USA). It's primary value as a supplement is that it helps sooth irritated mucous membranes. It's good for raw, scratchy sore throats. It might be good for raw, scratchy hind ends too. It is also suposed to help calm upset stomachs.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 16 Oct 2007, 12:29

thanks everyone! I'm glad I can take the flaxseed as a capsule, how much do you take?, The aloe vera isn't so bad, as Juney said, it's nearly tasteless, but taking a capsule is easier.
Can you overdo all these oils though?
I've just found out that we're going away for a weekend in a couple of weeks time. How do you take the diltiazem cream with you when there's no fridge in the hotel room???
val
King Fissure

Postby SunshineHope » 17 Oct 2007, 03:39

Hey val,
I've never had to put my diltiazem in the fridge! Maybe call your doc and ask about that... I don't know if it's mandatory?
I haven't taken flax seed oil in a while but I used to take it raw, and same with aloe vera, because I've never been able to find any alo vera or flax seed oil pills without gelatin or other animal products, and I'm nearly vegan. I found one type of aloe vera pill that was vegan, but it was more of a natural laxative and had some other laxative properties in it. It wasn't a pre 100% aloe vera pill - something that wouldn't cause dependency... I'm looking for something like that, if anyone knows of anything!
Flax seed oil, I can't really stand the raw taste of it, but when it's mixed into other things, you can't really taste it tooo much.
take care!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby val » 17 Oct 2007, 13:06

Our Anoheal, which is diltiazem says it has to go in the fridge. But my flax oil and aloe vera juice and acidophilus has to be in the fridge too. You've heard the saying of packing everything but the kitchen sink for a holiday?Well, it looks like I'll be packing my kitchen fridge!
val
King Fissure