Forlax/Mirolax/Movicol

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Forlax/Mirolax/Movicol

Postby VVV » 23 Jul 2015, 08:45

Hi guys.

When I was in Europe I was taking Forlax and it did help me.
After moving to Australia I healed my fissure by using vibrator. I didnt have any problems for more then 1 year but now my fissure is back again.
I'm eating enough vegetables, prunes, adding fibre supplement but it's not helping to soften my stool.
So, I started taking Movicol. It's not exactly the same as Forlax but similar.
It's helping but I have pretty bad side effects- bloating, gases and discomfort in my guts and inside my anus. :confused:
It seems that everyone here like this medicine...
Does anyone have similar issues?

Also, does anyone try to use Aloe sunburn gel inside? It contains Aloe, tea oil, glycerine and some alcohol....

Thanks.
VVV
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Forlax/Mirolax/Movicol

Postby hayleyw » 23 Jul 2015, 11:37

I used to take movical and it also gave me cramping and gas. I now take something similar. It's called Laxido and I have pretty much the same side efffects. I suppose it's down to the individual and how sensitive they are. I know stool softeners give me the same side effects even though they work different to laxatives. I only use laxatives when I feel like i'm particularly constipated due to how frequent use makes me feel.

I haven't tried Aloe sunburn gel. If it contains alcohol I imagine it would sting a lot? I use coconut oil and vaseline. I no longer use bubble baths either. Instead I now fill up the tub with hot water, ad some epsom salt and a bit of coconut oil. Aside from that and the diltiazem cream, nothing else goes near my bum.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby VVV » 24 Jul 2015, 08:21

thanks, hayleyw.
I tried Aloe gel and it didnt sting at all. I'm just wondering if Alcohol Denat can cause any harm to bacteria inside..

Anyway, I think it's time to see a doctor because it's definitely something wrong with my bowel.. all this discomfort and also I have a pretty thick white coating on my tongue which, again, tells about bowel issues...
VVV
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Shania213 » 29 Oct 2015, 13:58

I also have the white tongue . I spoke to a homeopath who said the reason for my disgusting white tongue and horrible taste is because I haven't been to the loo.

I managed to go today and 5 minutes later the horrible taste went from my mouth!...magic....still have white tongue though which she said is the least of my worries and nothing to focus on...its the body holding on to toxins apparantely
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14