Frozen Dinners

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Frozen Dinners

Postby Guest » 30 Jun 2008, 11:34

Does anyone have any favorite good fiber, fissure-friendly frozen dinners (Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, etc) that they can recommend? I try not to eat those often due to the high sodium content, but it would be nice to have them around for an emergency quickie meal. thanks for the input!

Re: Frozen Dinners

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Jun 2008, 11:38

I would suggest canned soups instead - like been ones - really tasty and fissure friendly! And that is in cases of emergency ....
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 30 Jun 2008, 19:31

if you have a whole foods nearby, there are auntie annes vegetarian frozen foods also there is kashi frozen foods. i would try those for variety.
trader joes also has some very convenient food bowls that you microwave for like 2.49-3.49. very cheap and tasty. just have lots of carbs!!!!!
but carbs are good for you.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 30 Jun 2008, 23:46

Hi Janis! How have you been feeling?
I eat these dinners a couple times a week for lunch at school. I am very picky and only like a couple. I like...
1. Weight Watchers Lasagna Florentine
2. Healthy Choice Chicken Marsala
3. Lean Cousine Sesame Chicken
4. Amy's Bean Enchaladas & Amy's Indian Cousines (I can't remember what they are called)
I eat these same few dinners over and over because they are the only ones I like. I HATE any of the meals with reheated frozen rice. Rice is not ment to be reheated or frozen.
Hope all is well!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby happyass » 02 Jul 2008, 21:36

oh yeah, those auntie annes really is a pretzel store (i love their whole wheat pretzels...)....Jen mentioned the Amy's brand and those are great - that is what I meant to refer to.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements