General Anaesthetic Question

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

General Anaesthetic Question

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2007, 20:12

hi guys i have been reading sum of ur stories and i wondered if u wud all recommend a GA? i no many of u have said u prefer it, its just that i was considering asking to be sedated. im terrified of GA as i have a big fear of sickness(emetaphobia) and im scared i will be sick with it?? has anyone had problems with this afterwards? its not definate i will have surgery, but things arent looking good down there...

Re: General Anaesthetic Question

Postby Cheryl » 10 Jan 2007, 04:22

Hey Grace
I definitely preferred to be under Full GA - i have heard some *horror* stories of other types of anaesthesias Image
I have vomitted everytime i have been under GA - i know some people dont though, i guess its just all up to how your body reacts to it.
I would look at it this way (beacuse i been there and done that now Image )
Either have the surgery and risk vomitting a couple of times - or live with the fissure/s. I dont like the nauasea either but i now know what is easier.. :o You will get there, dont rush any decisions, or let anyone sway you - you need to feel ready and relaxed so just take your time.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22