Get your fistulotomy!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Get your fistulotomy!

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2012, 08:27

After 7 months of stress and worry, I finally had my fistulotomy yesterday! Im in no pain, but only minimal discomfort! Why did I wait so long? I was so afraid of the pain and recovery. My surgeon prescribed me Lortab 7.5 every 4 hours, but I have only taken 1/2 of that dose 3 times in 24 hours! Seriously, do the surgery. Dont put yourself through the stress of prolonging it. I feel great! I got enough nerve to halfway look at the incision in a hand mirror. My advice? Its not as bad as you would think! If any one was a coward over having this surgery, it was ME! Now Im kicking myself for waiting so long! This is a piece of cake so far... I will keep you updated on my progress. :)

Re: Get your fistulotomy!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 Sep 2012, 10:48

Great to hear you are doing great Sarah and well done for getting it over & done with!
Having been in the same place, I totally relate (although unlike you just pushed to get it done asap) because I just wanted my life back!
Posts like this are great for providing others reassurance that surgery really isn't that bad!! and to just get it over with because a fistula isn't going away by itself....
All the very best in your continuing recovery :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Savaici » 19 Sep 2012, 11:45

All the very best with your continued improvement after surgery, Sarah Image . So glad that it's over for you and you are on the road upwards. Do keep us all up to date on how you are doing!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2012, 17:47

I still feel great! Im a bit tired from surgery I guess. I have been walking around and taking care of myself just fine. Im taking my ibuprofen and stool softeners. Still haven't had the bm yet. Its coming soon, Im sure... I don't regret the surgery a bit. I do regret stressing over it though! I should have done it sooner!

Postby Guest » 23 Sep 2012, 07:35

Just another post to let you all know that Im feeling great. The worst part is taking time to do sitz baths. My 6 month old is a busy gal, and the baths seem to take forever. No pain still, and Im just slightly reminded that its there by the very minimal discomfort it gives me. Im going back to work tomorrow which is 6 days post surgery and I havent needed any narcotic pain medication. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and cannot wait to be back to normal again! :)

Postby Guest » 06 Oct 2012, 12:51

Im 18 days post fistulotomy. Still doing sitz baths 3x daily. I barely can even tell I had surgery. The only reminder really is from doing the sitz baths and feeling the darned gauze down there. I feel no pain. No pain at all! I feel I had a great surgeon, God blessed me with an easy fistula. Its great to have family support to help through healing. As soon as the drainage stops, I will be back to normal. I cant wait to go a whole day without worrying/thinking so much about my rear end!

Postby richibeno » 06 Oct 2012, 13:35

Great news ,what type of fistular did you have Sarah '
Was it a simple one or a more complex one 'ie a deroof or what else do they do
Thx
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Guest » 07 Oct 2012, 13:08

My surgeon never told me what type I had. I did not have to have packing or a seton. I dont use any gel on it or anything. I wish I knew. But I do know that Im getting better everyday and I cant wait to be done with this!

Postby richibeno » 07 Oct 2012, 13:48

THATS THE WAY WE ALL THINK
CARRY ON THE GOOD WORK
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby ZeeZee » 07 Oct 2012, 15:30

Rich, how did the appointment go?!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather