Getting a referral to CRS soon.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Getting a referral to CRS soon.

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 16:06

Hey Everyone,
I am getting a referral to a CRS soon. Any input on how an initial appointment will be handled? What should I expect?
Thanks
BBG
Patty

Re: Getting a referral to CRS soon.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jun 2007, 17:03

Mainly, write down alist of questions before you go in....have 'em ready to fire off! I didn't have my questions ready on my first appointment and missed my learning opportunites...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 17:57

Thanks ithurtsto sit, I will start to write my questions now. What are some important questions do you think I should ask? So I am well prepared.
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jun 2007, 18:18

!. How should I change my diet.
2. Do you think I am a good candidate for LIS surgery.
3. Does the fissure seem to be chronic.
4. What about other treatment options (Nefedipine, Diltiazem, botox, nitro-cream)
5. Will squatting to have a BM help>
6. How much water do I need?
7. What is the best stool softener to use.
8. ANYTHING you can think of!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 19:00

Thanks Kim I am printing those questions. That way I won't forget. I also have a question what kind of vegetables are good to eat and how should I cook them up so I don't eliminate any vital nutrients? Just wondering...
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 19:03

I can't think of any vegetable that I would exclude. I eat all kinds. I make a big bowl of veggie stir fry every night. It is particularly good with some flax seed oil on top.
I think steaming is a good way to cook them to retain the nutrients. You can get a steamer or just put cook with a small amount of water with a lid with just a crack. I also like roasting veggies with olive oil in the oven especially squash.

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 19:11

Thanks Lecia, by the way I like the most resent pic of you. I like Star Wars too! But as you can see my real passion is Notre Dame as you can tell by my picture. I will be there in that stadium in October watching the football game because hopefully this fissure is history by then!!!
BBG Patty

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 19:20

Yeah, I bet by then this will all be a memory-you'll be like anal fissure, who?
Did you check out Kim's Sith Lord photo? He is either copying me or threatening me! :D
Are you a ND alum?

Postby Guest » 13 Jun 2007, 19:25

Watch the slith lord! That is a cool picture. I am not a Notre Dame alum but I have been a fan since I have been a kid. The doctor I work for is an alumni and he helped me get my tickets to my first game. Every Sat we would sit and watch the games every tv in the house had the game on.
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 13 Jun 2007, 19:34

Yes, my understanding is that Notre Dame fans are the biggest, most loyal fans you'll find! So you are obviously right in line, Patty!
I am both copying and threatening you, Lecia!!
Deleted User 5