Going for botox and pregnancy again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Going for botox and pregnancy again

Postby Cinderella » 17 Feb 2008, 12:48

I had an AF for nearly one year. Then I finally took botox last autumn and my fissure healed. Image I was 5 months well, but now I have got a new fissure and also few hemorrhoids. Image I have decided to go for botox again to heal my fissure.
I am also dreaming to get pregnant. I have one child and these problems started during my first pregnancy. Now I am just scared that can I take botox and waite for two months and then try to get pregnant? I am dreaming all the time to get another child but I am just worried that can the botox harm the baby if I will become pregnant two months after having botox? I have only found information that botox should not be used during pregnancy. However is it safe to use 2 months before getting pregnant? According to my doctor it is safe but I must be sure.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Going for botox and pregnancy again

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2008, 18:22

Cinderella,

I have had Botox 2x. I am not sure about pregnancy though. You need to ask you doctor. I would maybe even have it
3 months before, because Botox usually only lasts 3 months. If you do get preganat again consider a c-section. So you are not putting the pressure on your butt. But check with your OB on that. Good luck!

Patty

Postby Guest » 18 Feb 2008, 12:11

I don't know anything about botox and pregnancy but I would think that if it is out of your system in 3 months then it probably wouldn't have any adverse effects on conception and pregnancy if you wait that long before proceeding.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 12:30

Yes, I agree. I sure wouldn't want that type toxin anywhere in my body if I were conceiving. Make sure you know how long that stuff remains in the body before proceeding....and I doubt anyone here on this board could tell you.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Feb 2008, 16:06

I know I sound paranoid - but if doctors would say 3 months, I would take 6 months before trying anything. It is still so little known about Botox - why taking any risk ...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Cinderella » 19 Feb 2008, 13:12

I saw my doctor and I did not have botox. He said that my AF is so small and superficial that there is no point for botox. However I was told that I have several internal hemorrhoids and I should have Rubber band ligation. Has anyone experience of this?
I am so scared to have that because I do not want to end up having several fissures. I got my first AF as a result of hemorrhoid surgery. It healed finally but it took 10 months time. Definitely I do not want to go through that again. But I cannot manage my situation now because I have pain and awful itching every day. Sometimes I have to take a shower at the middle of night because I cannot bear the itch.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2008, 16:53

I have had rubber band ligation and it is definitely the least painful of all the treatments I have had. They place the rubber band above the dentate line where there are no sensory nerves so although you might feel some pressure and soreness it shouldn't hurt other than maybe a small pinch.

I just took a few baths afterwards and only needed one dose of pain medicine. Some doctors do one hemorrhoid at a time or others may band more than one. It did seem to help with the symptoms though mine came back. But generally, the results are pretty good.

Postby Sorerumpie » 27 Feb 2008, 23:19

There has been some recent news about rare situations where Botox patients have died due to paralysis of respiratory system. Apparently the Botox migrated to the heart , lungs and other organs rather than remain in the injection site.
I would tend to believe it would not be safe to use Botox anywhere near time of conceive or pregnancy......
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby happyass » 01 Mar 2008, 08:13

cinderella,
not sure if you do yoga already but maybe a combination of acupuncture, acupressure massage, and yoga can help alleviate some of your issues.
also seeing a chinese herbalist doctor may help to resolve or at least alleviate your hemmies and fissure.
it wouldn't hurt to think outside the box.......since you do want to have another baby (how exciting btw.....)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 01 Mar 2008, 17:13

I know nothing about Botox...my doc does not do it. But I am totally with you on the baby thing...
I got my fissure from constipation problems after my son's birth a year ago. We want to start "trying again" at the end of the year. We won't even attempt to try until my fissure is healed. I can't even imagine going through pregnancy with a fissure.
Good luck! I wish you all the best!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39