Going under!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Going under!!

Postby Anya324 » 09 Oct 2012, 13:37

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow 10am. Having Fissurectomy with LIS and possible flap depending on how much space he has to close up the little bugger.... Also have a Skin tag from a previous hem surg he's gonna remove. Prayers welcomed Image Image Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Going under!!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 Oct 2012, 14:51

Hey Anya,
All the very best tomorrow!
You're on your way to getting it all sorted and to healing!
Keep us updated. You'll be just fine I'm sure.....
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby ZeeZee » 09 Oct 2012, 15:40

Good luck Anya! It'll be fine! Try to stay calm! Think pleasant thoughts! We would be here waiting on your wonderful post op stories! Where are you frm?!
=)
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby ryanman0 » 09 Oct 2012, 16:42

Hi Anya. Best Wishes to you on a quick recovery. I'm 5 days post-op and no regrets on the surgery. Hopefully, you don't worry as much as me!
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Neen » 09 Oct 2012, 17:07

Good luck Anya...will keep you in my prayers! Remember...one day at a time!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Anya324 » 09 Oct 2012, 18:49

ryanman0 wrote:Hi Anya. Best Wishes to you on a quick recovery. I'm 5 days post-op and no regrets on the surgery. Hopefully, you don't worry as much as me!

I hope I don't worry as much as you either!! LoL!! I've kept up with your posts and they've been an eye opener. I think I'm more prepared for this surg than ever before thanks to your posts! I wish I had it in me to eat as well as you do...
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby Anya324 » 09 Oct 2012, 18:51

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! I am personally praying for this to be my last surgery ever. And pleading for mercy that this would absolutely be my last bum surgery!!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby ryanman0 » 09 Oct 2012, 19:57

Anya324 wrote:
ryanman0 wrote:Hi Anya. Best Wishes to you on a quick recovery. I'm 5 days post-op and no regrets on the surgery. Hopefully, you don't worry as much as me!

I hope I don't worry as much as you either!! LoL!! I've kept up with your posts and they've been an eye opener. I think I'm more prepared for this surg than ever before thanks to your posts! I wish I had it in me to eat as well as you do...

Thanks Anya. I felt this forum was very helpful to me. So, I figured I would try to give something back in the hopes it might help others. So, I'm glad if it helped you. You know I am long-winded, so here goes my long reply...
The only thing is that I hope all my advice that I give to myself (and post publically) is mostly correct. In other words, I know that I may not know what I am talking about sometimes, but I share my thoughts anyway (just so others know they aren't alone in trying to figure out what is best to do). I just hope others don't mimick me (for example my eating habits) and then find out I was eating something bad for fissures or using heat/cold when I shouldn't. Then there is the fact that everyone's experience, surgery, bodies, ages, conditions, history are all different. So what works for me might be horrible for others. But, I guess all we can do is share our thoughts and experiences and make our own decisions. Since a lot of people shares their stories, I figure we can all learn from the large collection of stories what things seem to work for a lot of people.
I've always been paranoid when it comes to medical issues. But, I think I know why I was so scared this time. I think that I have come to expect frustration and roadblocks with this condition. In other words, the whole fissure experience is frustrating. You heal, you get better, you get optimistic. Then BAMM!!! you end up waking up one morning worse that you started. Once this goes on for so long, the problem keeps escalating and you get used to expecting the worse. While, this could certainly be the case for me tomorrow, it has certainly not been that way so far. The doc tells me that surgery recovery odds are in my favor. I think that is different than the odds I was facing before.
Anyway, I hope my paranoia hasn't caused you to also become scared. After all, it seems that my fears have so far been unfounded as I appear to be doing good in the long run. Thanks! Ryan
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 10 Oct 2012, 02:41

I will be thinking of you and hope everything goes well.
OMB xxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Anya324 » 10 Oct 2012, 14:05

[/quote] Anyway, I hope my paranoia hasn't caused you to also become scared. After all, it seems that my fears have so far been unfounded as I appear to be doing good in the long run. Thanks! Ryan[/quote]
Quite the opposite, Ryan! I'm glad you had your surg a week before so I could benefit from your posts!! I'm out/home and laying in bed. No pain yet but I'm certain it will come :( :(
Anya324
Salt Bather