Green Tea

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Green Tea

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2007, 21:30

Hello all. I've found the info on this site very helpful. The tale of Bob was the first time I could laugh about this.
When I developed my fissure last April I was already on a high-fiber diet for almost 10 years due to hemorrhoids (whole grain everything). I had started drinking green tea because I had read that its healthy (heart, bone health etc) and I was concerned about the amount of caffeine in the coffee I drank. I had about 5-6 mugs/day of green tea in the days leading up to the fissure; I had a large but sharp BM followed a scary amount of blood.
I did some research and found a study done in 1981 that concluded that green tea increased the blood concentrations of several compounds and constipation. The authors believed it was the high amount of tannins in the tea that caused this.
I have heard that taking milk/cream in coffee binds the tannins; would this have the same effect with tea? I had been drinking the tea straight since I had read that taking dairy in it negated the positive effect it has on your arteries.
I've been on nifedipine cream for 6 weeks and my fissure seems to be healing. Will receive confirmation (hopefully) on Monday.
This fissure has been the most painful, miserable experience I've ever had. More pain than my broken arm or sprained ankle ever caused me.
Wowzers
41waist

Re: Green Tea

Postby happyass » 15 Sep 2007, 17:53

very interesting indeed.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: Green Tea

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2007, 18:27

Thanks for posting. I hadn't heard that about green tea.
I do hope you get a good report at the doctors!
Welcome and best of luck!