Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Postby Aj-male » 29 Mar 2013, 17:41

Hello all, Male 43 here
I had a discomfort and a zit like thing near my anus for months, until it got infected and had to drain it of blood.
Then the pain stopped but had pressure and discomfort in my anus, not actual pain during BM, but pressure ,specially when i walk and sit, so stayed home for a long time. Mostly lying down.
I went to a doctor he he performed ana- scope thingy and told me that the fistula is still there but small and i had anal fissure.
Had an operation about a month a go stayed home again because of the pain after, the BM pain got better after a week.
But still have discomfort in my anus when i sit and walk. Its pressure. I am worried it may be something else!! And that this will not go away!!
Sometimes i feel the sensation reaches to my penis region.
I also had a kidney stone the whole time and it just got out two weeks ago.
I stay home a lot and not going out, because it is uncomfortable, doctor says i should move more and staying i bed will not help. It that true?
Please help everyone
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Had anal fistula dna fissure surgery! Not well still!

Postby Savaici » 29 Mar 2013, 17:58

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Sorry you are in pain.
Not sure from your post whether you had surgery for a fistula or for a fissure, or both? You have been through a lot by the sound of it though.
There are quite a few posts on here from people who have had both types of surgery, but let us know exactly what you had done.
By 'a zit thing' sounds like an abcess, and simply draining it is not usually enough.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Aj-male » 29 Mar 2013, 18:09

I had both, fissure and fistula at the same time.
I wanna know this pressure discomfort is normal. And will it go away eventually?
I don't care if it will be months but will it eventually feel normal again?
I posted this in a few different spots, i apologise if it you feel i am spamming, just want different opinions, delete them if you feel its not right!
Thank you so much foryour advice
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 29 Mar 2013, 18:34

It is easier to stick to one place, as then replies will be more together and helpful to you. However, don't worry, we know what it's like being in pain.
I have had neither surgery, so until someone is able to come along who has, here are some Fistula links on here: http://anal-fissure.org/search?search_keywords=Fistula

Are you using a Sitz bath to help with the pressure? I do know that healing can be a long process, but most of our members do heal and move on.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Aj-male » 29 Mar 2013, 18:39

Thank you so much.
I read about that bath, got the bowl and all but never tried it!
Thanks again, I hope I will get some encouraging replies.
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 29 Mar 2013, 18:47

Sitz baths are amazing! I use mine just putting warm/hot water, empty it and fill again, and so on. I also make sure that everything is very clean, but never rubbing, only dabbing with Cottonelle TP, then using Johnson & Johnson sterile gauze pad to finish off cleaning, with water. Very important to keep everything as clean as possible, but treat everything like you are dealing with a baby's bum!
It takes time to heal, and do what you think is best for your body. If you are in pain, lie down. I spend quit a bit of time on my sofa, but do try to walk about when I can. Passing a kidney stone on top of it all must have just about taken the cake!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby marg6043 » 30 Mar 2013, 14:13

Aj-male, it seems that you are still having spams from your fissure, even after having the fissure surgery.
Did the doctor told you what he did? for the fissure, LIS?
When my fissure was new I used to have the pushing or pressure feeling but once the spams went away this feeling also was gone.
Perhaps you need to tell your doctor of this feeling of pressure to see what he say.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Aj-male » 02 Apr 2013, 10:27

I get this pressure feeling, mostly when i walk, so i limit walking. Its not pain per say, its pressure and feels like something is there. Of course the wound is not healed. But i am afraid that this will stay forever and i wont be able to run or walk! Dunno if it's normal.
It feels sort of like pre operation feeling, because i had pressure not actual pain then also. But had a fistula that stayed for a long time and when checked by doctor he said you had a small fissure as well.
Aj-male
Fibre Addict

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Apr 2013, 13:34

AJ,
I had fistula surgery about 9 months ago now and I also endured the pain of a chronic fissure for a few months prior to the fistula surgery. The type of pressure you describe sounds more related to the fissure to me than the fistula. I noticed this most when I was using Diliatizem cream for assisting in the healing of my fissure, which I attributed to spasms too. The pressure made me feel like there was also something there and I felt like I needed to poop or pass wind but there was nothing to come out. This disappeared when the fissure began to heal and I ceased using the cream. Where the fistula was concerned, I experienced some pressure with the "zit" (the abscess, which relieved when it burst and with the fistula sinus when it became inflamed and started to discharge. However, after surgery, I can honestly say that once the fistula was treated, any pressure relating to this issue disappeared. Now my fissure is 99% healed too and I do not experience any of those pressure feelings that I previously encountered, so there is hope!!! Once things start to heal more, and it takes a while, hopefully this will diminish for you. It won't be there forever! - If you need additional reassurance, please call your CRS and they should be able to put your mind at rest - What procedure did they use to treat your fistula?
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Aj-male » 04 Apr 2013, 07:32

Thank you optimist,
Thye cut it open and it's supposed to heal on its own. Today is exactly a month. The doctor. Said i have to keep washing it a few times a day, the more it stays open the better it heals from the inside out.
There is not much pain, sometimes it hurts and bleeds ocasionaly when i wash it too much. But the discomfort is what annoys me and makes me feel like it will never heal.
The surgen is my uncle so he keeps making jokes and tells me it's gonna be okay and told me to stop all creams and medications and says walk more and go out a lot.
So I dunno. I think about playing football a year Thank you optimist,
Thye cut it open and it's supposed to heal on its own. Today is exactly a month. The doctor. Said i have to keep washing it a few times a day, the more it stays open the better it heals from the inside out.
There is not much pain, sometimes it hurts and bleeds ocasionaly when i wash it too much. But the discomfort is what annoys me and makes me feel like it will never heal.
The surgen is my uncle so he keeps making jokes and tells me it's gonna be okay and told me to stop all creams and medications and says walk more and go out a lot.
So I dunno. I think about playing football a year a go and wonder will I ever be able to get there someday or even jog?
a go and wonder will I ever be able to get there someday or even jog?!
Aj-male
Fibre Addict