Had fissurectomy last year in March 2013

Had Fissurectomy in March 2013...So far so good :-)

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Had fissurectomy last year in March 2013

Postby mabs » 27 Feb 2014, 14:38

Just came to say hello to all the wonderful supporters in this forum. My fissure issue finally has become history (didn't have any trouble for the past 7 months) not because of Fissurectomy w/Botox (that I had in March 2013) but because of strict dietary measures. It's hard but not impossible. Had to give up milk (cow's), eggs, beans (legumes), peas, lamb, wheat, tomatoes, chocolate :-( , potatoes, and rice. I do eat ice cream occasionally. Cow's milk is replaced with Almond Milk. Brown rice that was soaked overnight seems to work wonders. (A Five-star rating to that one in particular coz I get to enjoy my brown rice Sushi). Drinking warm water everyday, 1 magnesium (oxide)250 mg pill and Organic Flaxseed Oil softgels (twice a day) has worked wonders. I had replaced Olive oil oral consumption with Flaxseed Oil liquid softgels long time back. No sitz bath and no cortisone creams or suppositories have touched my butt for the past 9 months. Phew!

I must say, Fissurectomy works with stubborn ones that you had for a long long time. But new fissures can be formed if your dietary habits continue to remain the same. I was going fine until I started eating lots of beans & legumes, thinking that fiber was good for the tummy. I guess I was totally wrong. I did have a minor setback (got healed in less than three hours which was very surprising for me, given the excruciating pain that lasted for three (sometimes more) days before I had my Fissurectomy procedure done). I think when the fissure is in its primary stage, the body tends to heal it faster. Anyway, back to the diet subject. I don't know if you guys know about the recent survey of April 2013 in which the sham-diet and true-diet was followed (the diet eliminates all of the stuff mentioned above) and many people were healed. I had no choice but to try it religiously. And yes, it works..I can vouch for that. :-) Here's the link http://www.effortlesseating.com/2013/05 ... -fissures/. Thanks for listening. I hope I have covered everything. Sharing it after a long time coz I was skeptical about my healing. Don't ever think there is nothing left to eat when all of the above mentioned food is eliminated. I once thought like that and boy!!! I was so wrong until I checked the gluten-free and dairy free aisles. Look for the key ingredient - Brown Rice. Believe me, that would be just the beginning of finding fissure-friendly food. Good Luck.
mabs
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Had fissurectomy last year in March 2013

Postby owmybum » 28 Feb 2014, 13:49

Hi mabs...... That's such wonderful news!! Thanks for updating us!!

:Rock:

:rainbow: :notacrook: :mademeday:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby mabs » 03 Mar 2014, 14:46

Hey, Good to see you, Girl. :-)
mabs
Fibre Addict

Postby kpain » 03 Mar 2014, 21:16

Hi Mabs...good to know you are doing well. It is so refreshing and motivating to hear success stories. I am in my 4th month dealing with my (chronic) fissure. I am on diet, miralax and GTN...but nothing is lessening the pain. I may get Botox soon in next few weeks. I understand that you believe diet majorly helped to heal your fissure. How much was the effect of Botox in your healing. Also, when you were on specific diet, were you completely abstinent from other items such as chicken, seafood, occasional alcohol etc.
kpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Sunshine » 05 Mar 2014, 12:17

Hi Mabs,
So pleased for you, and this is so good to read as I had Fissurectomy and Botox yesterday.
It's really great to hear of success stories, as it gives everyone hope.
Thank you for sharing and long may you be fissure free and happy.

Love & Sunshine to you X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby mabs » 07 Mar 2014, 14:24

To Kpain and Sunshine,   
 :tyo:  

Sunshine,
You Go Girl!  Hope your recovery is the speediest one!  Take loads of rest so that you put this behind you once and for all (no pun intended).  :-)

Kpain, the Botox lasted for four months.  Not much in my case.  The trauma that came with the potty has been so intense that I still continue to hold the title of a 'tight ass' woman.  Plus, I haven't learned anything new to overcome the sphincter drama.  But yes, resorting to healthy dietary measures has helped a lot.  The only meat I eat right now is that of beef and pork.  Eating fish (grilled/baked/fried) has helped me a lot.  I do drink wine every day to wash down my steamed broccoli and cauliflower meal in the evenings  hahaha ...but not so sure about other alcoholic beverages.  Good Luck with the Botox.  It sure will help to heal the fissure naturally.  And oh, in the meantime, don't forget your Vit B12 and E doses to speed up the healing.   :|:   to good health!
mabs
Fibre Addict

Postby lmaci » 06 Apr 2014, 23:17

Hi Mabs,

I too had LIS, Fissurechtomy, Hemmoirdechtomy and a skin Tag removal in March 2013. I was diagnosed with a fissure at 19 and maintained it until age 44 when it came to a sudden extreme necessity where I could not even work. Luckily I found and trusted the same Proctologist who told me at 26 likely it would end up being surgery. Never thought It would really happen. I too had 5 days of really uncomfortable and a lot of pain and strange feelings down there but followed recovery instructions very well. Only took Percocet for 3 days and went to a lot of advil. I am healthy, drink a lot of water and have always excercised 5 days a week so recovery took about 2wks total where I would be able to work. I cant imaging working until at least 2 wks post op but I did have a lot done.

My question to you is do you still have some swelling? My bum looks a bit outwardly swelled and there is a bit of a flap which the doc said I could have removed but its not bothering me and does not cause hygienic problems it stays very clean so reality it would be cosmetic:) I know its a bit vain but I wish my bum looked perfect and was not swelled.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions please feel free to ask anything. Thank you for posting 1 year post op as I am right there with you.

Thank you
lmaci
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby mabs » 18 Apr 2014, 15:01

lmaci wrote:Hi Mabs,

I too had LIS, Fissurechtomy, Hemmoirdechtomy and a skin Tag removal in March 2013. I was diagnosed with a fissure at 19 and maintained it until age 44 when it came to a sudden extreme necessity where I could not even work. Luckily I found and trusted the same Proctologist who told me at 26 likely it would end up being surgery. Never thought It would really happen. I too had 5 days of really uncomfortable and a lot of pain and strange feelings down there but followed recovery instructions very well. Only took Percocet for 3 days and went to a lot of advil. I am healthy, drink a lot of water and have always excercised 5 days a week so recovery took about 2wks total where I would be able to work. I cant imaging working until at least 2 wks post op but I did have a lot done.

My question to you is do you still have some swelling? My bum looks a bit outwardly swelled and there is a bit of a flap which the doc said I could have removed but its not bothering me and does not cause hygienic problems it stays very clean so reality it would be cosmetic:) I know its a bit vain but I wish my bum looked perfect and was not swelled.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions please feel free to ask anything. Thank you for posting 1 year post op as I am right there with you.

Thank you

No. I don't have any such thing. There was a bit of hard felt mass around my anus for the first three months. It went away when I stopped pushing. I think it was hemorrhoids that started acting up. I cut down on Fiber and voila.. no pushing. Right now there is nothing felt or seen. Everything has come back to normal except my cheeks. They look so stuck to each other as if someone glued them. That's the only difference I see. It's not a problem but it feels like my butt is not breathing.. hahahhaha. Sorry. I am becoming too graphical here. You got four procedures done. Now that's a lot. I think a little bit of flap should be acceptable. If it hurts, then have a regular/separate dose of Vitamin E and the skin should be able to repair (bring back the elasticity) on its own. If it doesn't, then chances are you have it for life. Only cosmetic surgery will help. I don't think I would go through any more procedures down there anymore. This is it for me. I am just taking care of the diet and the rest is being taken care of, automatically.
mabs
Fibre Addict