Has anyone has had small amount of blood throughout the day?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has anyone has had small amount of blood throughout the day?

Postby galamat » 26 Feb 2013, 17:21

Hi everyone, and thank you in advance to who ever can help me. Brief history of my case.
I begun with hemorrhoids during pregnacy, after pregnancy I went to a Chinese clinic (“Ba Zhi San” formula), I didn't want to have a surgery, they put me some herbs and the hemorrhoids fell off. I don't know why but after that I developed a fissure, I was bleeding with bowel movements and a start using Nifedipine. After like 3 days the bleeding stopped, I kept using Nifedipine for one more month. After two month of healing, my fissure is back. But now I bleed more and I so scared, because today it hurts a lot and every time I go to the bathroom I found small amount of blood in the toilet paper.
The blood is bright red. Has anyone has experienced this? Do I have something serious?
galamat
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Has anyone has had small amount of blood throughout the day?

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:55

galamat wrote:Hi everyone, and thank you in advance to who ever can help me. Brief history of my case.
I begun with hemorrhoids during pregnacy, after pregnancy I went to a Chinese clinic (“Ba Zhi San” formula), I didn't want to have a surgery, they put me some herbs and the hemorrhoids fell off. I don't know why but after that I developed a fissure, I was bleeding with bowel movements and a start using Nifedipine. After like 3 days the bleeding stopped, I kept using Nifedipine for one more month. After two month of healing, my fissure is back. But now I bleed more and I so scared, because today it hurts a lot and every time I go to the bathroom I found small amount of blood in the toilet paper.
The blood is bright red. Has anyone has experienced this? Do I have something serious?

There's not one single bm that I've had that doesn't have a small amount of bright red blood on the tissue. I'm assuming it comes from the tear or it could be from a hem. When I did mention this to my doctor, I was told to expect blood off an on with this fissure. I don't worry about it. In the early stages of this thing, I would fill a toilet up with blood, it was that bad and when I went to the er, my blood work came back fine....I guess its just par for the course, I wouldn't worry unless your loosing large amounts of blood that's dark in color...which could be something serious...oh and by the way, nice to meet ya!! Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby galamat » 26 Feb 2013, 18:29

Hi GGky1959, thank you for your response. Very nice meeting you too :)
I have one more question: Have you experience small amount of blood on the tissue during the day, not only when you have a bowel movement? Is like the fissure keeps bleeding for me.
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 26 Feb 2013, 18:44

galamatsorry to hear you are having some problems with fissures.
It is common with fissures to bleed when they re open, the blood is usually bright red and it can bleed on and off.
You can see as much as red in the toilet water to just spots in your undies and toilet paper.
Like GGky1959 said if you are not bleeding constantlystanly and your stools are not black then don't worry.
You have to make sure that your stools are soft and that you keep the anal area lubricated to avoid friction.
Constant spams of the anal sphincter will also make the fissure bleed.
It is common also for people that have hem removal to develop a fissure as the area where the hems were located will be raw.
If you are too worry about the blood and feel that is not natural for you, by any means make an appointment with CRS to have the fissure and the anal area check to make sure that is not hems bleeding internally.
Is many members here that have the same problems with fissures and hems like you and they have shared their experiences.
I wish a fast recovery.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby galamat » 26 Feb 2013, 18:53

thank you so much for your response marg6043, now I feel better knowing this could be normal fissure scenario. I guess my muscle is very tight today, and that's why I'm bleeding.
I'll keep the forum updated about my recovery. Hopefully it'll heal one day. Image
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 26 Feb 2013, 19:00

Yes galamat share you experience and feel free to read all the information that you can find in the board from other members that are in different stages of recovery by natural means or surgery.
I have found lots of information here, during my worst months this place was the only place were I felt welcome in my pain, in dealing with my fissure, I still trying to heal mine with natural means before choosing surgery.
Is a long road to recovery and no always an easy one, many long weeks and months of pain to get better and having again more weeks of pain again.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby GGky1959 » 26 Feb 2013, 22:30

galamat wrote:Hi GGky1959, thank you for your response. Very nice meeting you too :)
I have one more question: Have you experience small amount of blood on the tissue during the day, not only when you have a bowel movement? Is like the fissure keeps bleeding for me.

Sorry for getting back to you so late, but I had a really bad bm a few hours ago and the pain from it has literly knocked me out.....un-fkkkken-believable Image I have blood every single day, every day. Its not a lot of blood, its just enough for me to notice its there. And yes even when I urinate, I see this bright red blood....now the source? I'm not sure, but with the va ja ja being so close to the anal area and the pressure I get from it, I'm certain its coming from the anal area. I plan on getting it checked out this Thurs. I'll let you know what the dr. says.....but please, I really wouldn't worry so much about this....bright red blood indicates its from a fresh source, not something that is old and building up in your body or near your anus. Until that opening is healed, blood and not blood and then blood and not blood is just gonna be par for the course.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby galamat » 27 Feb 2013, 16:06

GGky1959 Thank you for your response, no worries I totally understand you.
Hopefully today you are feeling better.
Today after my morning bm, I put myself into the water, and the pain has been better today. But still bleeding. I guess is just a matter of patience. And try to concentrate in another thing.
galamat
Salt Bather

Postby delasama » 27 Feb 2013, 16:58

I guess it's like when I cut my arm working on car. It would stop bleeding then I would scratch on something while working later which made it bleed a little more(like a fissure getting scratched by different size poops). Continuous work and scratching everyday prolonged the healing and made more scar tissue, but it eventually healed just like all of our fissures will heal someday Image
delasama
King Fissure

Topics: 31

Postby GGky1959 » 27 Feb 2013, 19:55

galamat wrote:GGky1959 Thank you for your response, no worries I totally understand you.
Hopefully today you are feeling better.
Today after my morning bm, I put myself into the water, and the pain has been better today. But still bleeding. I guess is just a matter of patience. And try to concentrate in another thing.

Patience Ah, patience.....if I could buy it by the truck load, I'd go for it. Today is a good day...because I haven't had a bm......I suspect tommorrow, I'll be back to square one of pain....but today...I'm okay and actually smiling...... :D
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist