Hi friends

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Hi friends

Postby hurtinend » 11 Feb 2016, 15:05

As I've stated before, thank God for this board and the amazing people here.

What is wrong with me... I cannot get a referral to a real CRS. Doctors say they will refer me to one then bam....it's a general surgeon/gastro, not a CRS.

if I get one more prescription for Diltiazem I'm going to...

Been suffering for years, still suffering. It's seems in my city that all doctors will only refer me to general surgeons. Cannot tell you the level of frustration I feel.
King Fissure
Posts: 587
Topics: 52
Joined: 19 Dec 2013, 15:43
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 51 times
Gender: Male

Re: Hi friends

Postby chachacha » 11 Feb 2016, 16:01

I'm not sure if there is an official title of CRS in Canada, but many General Surgeons consider colo-rectal surgery their specialty. If the surgeons you're being referred to are on this list (and keep scrolling down, because only a few from Toronto, for example, are at the top of the page), you can consider them a CRS.


Many on the list above spend a good amount of time dealing with butt issues, but also perform other surgeries too.

I have to admit to being surprised that the most recent surgeon also prescribed Diltiazem if you said that it hadn't helped you in the past though. That sucks.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
Posts: 1068
Topics: 19
Joined: 16 Jun 2013, 16:00
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 199 times
Gender: Female

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest