Hi

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby jazelazrbeam » 25 Nov 2015, 22:23

Hi,
I just joined this forum. I have a very screwed up GI tract. Severe acid reflux, severe IBS that doesn't respond to dietary changes, and of course, horrible anal fissures. At one point I had three of them, but two healed and now I just have one very painful one that causes me grief every time I go #2. I'm literally afraid to go now because it hurts. I'm screaming and cursing in pain when I go. I've done everything from dietary changes, laxatives, sitz baths, anucourt suppositories and nitroglycerin, which I posted about in a separate post. When I called the GI doc on call they said something about a sigmoidscopy. I'm really nervous about this because the last time I did the prep for a full colonoscopy I threw up and I was still emptying out my bowels right up until the procedure.
Anyways I'm glad I found this page. It's nice to have support and to support people who understand my issues and pain.
jazelazrbeam

Topics: 2

Re: Hi

Postby Manitourose » 25 Nov 2015, 23:09

Hi Jazelazrbeam - :wel:

I'm sorry to hear how much your stomach acts up in addition to the stress of fissures. Many of us can relate to both issues. I'm somewhat in your boat too, but the opposite as in the preliminary "lets do a colonoscopy" stage. :groan:

Hopefully some who have had both or all procedures can shed some light on your question. I have had a rigid sigmoidoscopy and I was not sedated nor did the doctor have me prep . It wasn't too scary or too uncomfortable. There is also a flexible sigmoidoscopy, which I believe does require minimal prep depending on your doctor and their procedures.

1 suggestion I would have is to feel you are allowed to tell your doctor or his/her office about your previous experience with a colonoscopy and worries going into this new procedure. You absolutely deserve to have things explained to you and to be made as comfortable as possible. You are very brave and strong for continuing to look for answers while dealing with the "bum and tum" issues all at the same time.

Really glad you found us!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Re: Hi

Postby jazelazrbeam » 03 Dec 2015, 00:32

Yeah they will want to do a flexible sigmoidscopy which will involve some prep (but not a full not prep) and sedation if I don't get better. I did share these concerns and she understood where I was coming from and said that the prep was only partial clearing of the rectum not the whole colon, so I'm not quite as worried. I got prescribed another cream, Diltiazem, in addition to being told to take miralax and colace until my constipation gets under control. I have to wait until the cream is ready. I'm glad I found you guys too!
jazelazrbeam

Topics: 2

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here