Hi

2nd fissure in two years- tears

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby Tiray0820 » 21 Aug 2017, 17:42

Hello all

I'm new here, had my first AF two years ago. After 11 months it finally healed. I used nitroglycerin ointment but found it really didn't do anything after a month, so I self treated with all things anbesol lol.

Here I am with my 2nd one. It's been about two weeks now. My appointment with the surgeon is this Thursday. This ones pain is significantly worse as I have sharp pains that go through my whole abdomen and my actual butt hurts,lol. Right now using lidocaine 5% and neodporin. Only using neidpirin as I had slight bleeding for about 4 days and it felt infected. Was too painful to walk like a toothache in your butt. That stopped but I still gave massive pain for about 8-10 hours after a BM. Taking fiber and stool softener so I don't have hard stools, but it still hurts after I take one like no pain I've know. And I've had frostbite and had my fingers amputated but I think this AF pain is worse, its consuming

I'm buying a house and can't afford to take of work for surgery as I don't have endless amounts of vacation time. So I hope if they give me nitro it works this time.

Anyways just saying hi and glad to know many of you are here to help!
Tiray0820

Topics: 1

Re: Hi

Postby LemonMan » 24 Aug 2017, 13:13

Hi Tiray,
Thanks for the post and welcome to the group. Hope you see some improvement in the near future. Keep us posted.
Best, LM
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Postby Fissurefrustration » 29 Aug 2017, 06:41

Hey Tiray :)

Welcome to the Group! Sorry to hear about the relapse of fissure - is it in the same place?

It's amazing how much pain these little things can cause and how much they get us down! what's your water intake like? try to keep your head up and take regular sitz baths.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Tiray0820 » 29 Aug 2017, 10:22

Hi Fissurefrustration,

I am not sure if it's in the same place all I know is it hurts and sometimes it's horrible! My water intake isn't probably as good as it should be, but I try and drink more each time I think of it.

I saw the surgeon last week and he prescribed nifediipine 4%|lidocaine 2% ointment and it seems to really help so far. Of course I have setbacks after I go to the bathroom, like today am in so much pain I had to take off work again! But I've only been taking it since last Friday and overall it seems like the length of the pain is lesssening as well as the degree of pain. I just had bout of diarrhea all morning today which through me over the edge!

Thanks for asking! Hope you are doing better with yours as well!
Tiray0820

Topics: 1

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here