Hi

Hi

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi

Postby Pinecone » 08 Mar 2023, 12:20

Hello,

Been lurking about for a while, was kinda hoping I wasn’t going to join if you know what I mean.

So I have had mine since last June, finally saw someone late last year and started Diltiazem in February, can I ask is it common to heal it then have a great day then retear it over and over, I think I am on my third time now in 4 weeks

Anyone have any advice for what I am doing wrong.

I use the Diltiazem 2-3x daily
Have regular Sitz baths
Don’t use TP (use washlets)
Fibre supplement daily
At least 2L of water daily.

I’m at a bit of a loss, I am also pretty concerned that a previous med I was given has made it worse, I was given Uniroid which is hydrocortisone based while I waited to see a CRS (I am from the UK) so took that for maybe 3-4 months while I waited.

Any advice would be welcome, I would consider the nuclear option if I need to but would like to exhaust every possibility first (apart from Botox)

Thanks for reading
Pinecone

Topics: 1

Re: Hi

Postby dmcff » 09 Mar 2023, 03:41

Welcome to the forum. As far as I'm aware, we don't have any posters who are qualified medical professionals, so can't give you medical advice. You need to talk to a CRS.

However:

Diltiazem is a standard treatment for AF, but there are others, like glyceryl trinitrate (GTN), which you may want to try - again, discuss with your CRS.

Uniroid is just a brand name for hydrocortisone, like Germoloids, Perinal, Proctosedyl, etc. As far as I know, in an anal/rectal setting hydrocortisone is best used as a short-term treatment for haemorrhoids, for no more than 6 weeks or so.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Pneumonia
2024 CT scan, MRI, MRCP
dmcff

Topics: 52