How about some success stories?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: How about some success stories?

Postby busymom » 17 Oct 2009, 17:39

afugh!! wrote:wow Busymom do you ever wonder why it never fully heals?Atleast it's at a tolerable level.

Yes, it's an annoying thing to have. When it first developed, it "healed" for a few years. It seemed to show up after each of my children were born and then heal after a few months. So it wasn't really chronic, it was just an acute problem that healed up after childbirth. However, this last time it opened up and it was in no mood to disappear! I've had a lot of problems lately with scar tissue and possibly endometriosis, and it seems to definitely be affected by that.
In some ways, it's forced me to really pay more attention to my body, to take better care of myself, and to focus on healthier habits, like eating right and exercising regularly. For the most part, it's very tolerable and while I know it's still there, I don't have the pain and bleeding. When I do get some bleeding and pain, I know what to immediately do to get it under control.
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 18 Oct 2009, 00:05

You know, come to think of it, I think I've had this thing for years; It's just now acting up worse than it ever has. I remember seeing blood on my toilet paper after hard BM's as far as 10 years back. I now see that this is something I will have to learn to live with and control through my diet. I have always been an "eat to live" person, not "live to eat". I just had a bad diet of fast food because it was convenient cause I work so much. It's kinda all coming together now why I must become what I call a "health nut". These past 2 weeks I have totally cut out beef, and deep fried foods and as a result, my pain level after Bm's is a 1 or 2 (10 scale). If all I have to do is eat healthy and stay hydrated, thats fine by me, because I never want to see a day where I have an 8 on the pain scale
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby afugh!! » 18 Oct 2009, 01:53

Ya had my first af when i was 18.I was walking home one day when my butt started stinging.I remembered I had a hard time walking home from the schafing,when I got home I wiped my butt and I saw blood.It healed up the next day.I had one last year but it healed up the next day also.Nebelwerfer didn't you say your mom has af?My dad told me he had af back in the 70's but had surgery(anal dilation)and haven't had it come back since.I have a feeling weak rectums is hereditary.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Nebelwerfer_ » 18 Oct 2009, 10:24

it might be
Nebelwerfer_
Salt Bather

Topics: 11